Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All-Star Fan Fest

I have tickets for the Fan Fest here in Phoenix next Friday and Saturday, and I'm curious about what I'm likely to see and experience there. I've heard that it is MLB putting it on, so presumably it will be similar to the ones that have come before. I'm epecially interested in how they normally have the autograph situation set up.

Re: All-Star Fan Fest

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I have tickets for the Fan Fest here in Phoenix next Friday and Saturday, and I'm curious about what I'm likely to see and experience there. I've heard that it is MLB putting it on, so presumably it will be similar to the ones that have come before. I'm epecially interested in how they normally have the autograph situation set up.
    When's the first day of FanFest?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Friday is the first day. I purposely bought my fanfest tix for Monday cause I figured that MLB players would be there in attendance in the morning that day. That is gonna be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG weekend with the futures game and celebrity softball then the workouts and HR derby topped off with the red carpet and all star game. I can't wait!!!

I too went with the Monday fan fest because I didn't want to miss any of the other events. Maybe not the best idea since it will likely be super crowded when nothing else is going on.

In the whole suite of things going on, the fanfest is low on my list and I may just skip it all together if better "offers" come up.

Can't wait and just hope I don't get fried out there.....

I have some All-star Fanfest experience (San Francisco) and therefore can offer some insight.

The environment itself is fun, especially for kids. They have batting cages, miniature playing fields and all kinds of interesting products. I think Cal Ripken was there pitching some kind of academy or something.

As for autographs, that can be problematic, as it always is. My grand-son and I hung out at a venue for Giants great JT Snow and got the brush-off when he came out. Very disillusioning. But maybe that's just him. Still, such things are tightly controlled by security.

Anyway, I am glad you are going and would love a follow-up report. I guess my best advice would be to think of it as a once-in-a-lifetime experience with your family. Whatever else happens will be a bonus.

Enjoy!!!

Dave Silverbrand
    Always buying more hair and unclogged arteries

I just scored 2 seats right behind the Dbacks dugout for Sunday!!! Can't wait!

I spent some time last night picking out just the right bats to take to Fan Fest this morning. Six former Diamondbacks are supposed to be appearing and signing autographs today, and I have unsigned bats for four of them, plus another three tomorrow.

Guess I should have read the Fan Fest FAQs at MLB.com before this morning. At least I didn't haul them down to the Convention Center for nothing.

"Q: Can bats be brought into Major League Baseball All-Star FanFest?
    A: Bats will not be allowed into the event and Autograph Guests will not sign them."

I am majorly bummed. No bats?! What is wrong with these people? Are they afraid folks are going to go berserk and start hitting one another over the head with them? Is this a Homeland Security issue?

well think about it, If only 10% of the people that go to the fanfest bring bats that A LOT of bats that are being carried around. I doubt anyone is gonna go berserk and start blasting people with the bats (and if they did I imagine with the police prescence they wouldn't get very far) It's more of a just in case scenario. Things happen when you have a lot of people not necessarily paying attention to their surroundings.

I have an Erubial Durazo bat that I was hoping to get signed so I guess we will both just have to wait for the 2001 anniversary celebration in September.

I wish I had bought tickets to the fan fest for today and I still may go up and try to get some, I waited to get them for Monday cause I figured by then some actual players will be there signing graphs.

Hope you have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    I wish I had bought tickets to the fan fest for today and I still may go up and try to get some, I waited to get them for Monday cause I figured by then some actual players will be there signing graphs.

Hope you have fun!
    I have a FanFest ticket from today that I am not using. If you could tell me how to transfer the ticket to you, I would be willing to give it away for free.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

thanks for the offer but I am not sure how to go about transferring and I need to get 5 tix for me and the fam to go.

Thanks again for the offer though!