Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pujols Bats

Pujols Bats

I have been offered a few Pujols bats lately and have passed on several of them due to several different issues...

Most noteably, I want really solid gamers...

As well I have been watching this bat on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160609322334

and I was shocked to see it end at $3,100... with the influx of these bats I am really surprised at the prices they are bringing...

I would love to hear other comments, because I would have placed the value of that bat in the $1500 to $2000 range... $3100 is more of a rookie gamer price to me.

Have I completely lost it?... maybe I need to re-evaluate what some of my collection is worth

Bert
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Re: Pujols Bats

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    I have been offered a few Pujols bats lately and have passed on several of them due to several different issues...

Most noteably, I want really solid gamers...

As well I have been watching this bat on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160609322334

and I was shocked to see it end at $3,100... with the influx of these bats I am really surprised at the prices they are bringing...

I would love to hear other comments, because I would have placed the value of that bat in the $1500 to $2000 range... $3100 is more of a rookie gamer price to me.

Have I completely lost it?... maybe I need to re-evaluate what some of my collection is worth

Bert
    I'd say your collection is worth a lot more than you probably thought. I thought the same thing about all those recent gamers.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

The influx of a couple dozen bats plus or minus doesn't come close to addressing the demand, so there's been no drag on pricing. If anything, my sense is that prices have ticked up.

Unless the supply rises to meet demand, or the demand decreases to match supply, there's no reason to believe market values will drop. Babe Ruth signed thousands of balls but good luck finding a decent example under $5K.

The true rarities, such as rookie and milestone bats (i.e. extraordinarily small supply and extraordinarily high demand) push the pricing curve even further. So few have been sold privately or publicly that it's very difficult to assign a market value IMO.

Rick

Yeah, I'd have loved to grab that Pujols at 1500-2000. I think thats a really solid buy. It probably is still an okay buy at 3k. Before your reassess your collection, lets make a deal, maybe two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

with so many out there, that is too much money. if no one buys them, the price will come down.

Shoremen44, that bat that you link to in your post sold for 3750 on eBay a few months ago. Maybe the price difference has something to do with his injury or the fact that there was another example graded gu 10 signed in silver for sale at the same time. That one sold for 3050 on eBay.

I have a feeling we've seen only a small fraction of these 2010 gamers from Pujols' Dec 4 signing.

At the beginning of the season I bought a beautiful 2009 auto Pujols Marucci gamer PSA 9.5 for $3100 and just picked up a auto Pujols 2006 SAM game used bat PSA 7.5 for 1750.00....so IMO Pujols bats aren't going to be going down anytime soon.

2006 SAM Bat PSA 7.5 Auto= $1750

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_746wt_1114

2009 Marucci Bat PSA 9.5 Auto= $3100
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Yeah, I'd have loved to grab that Pujols at 1500-2000. I think thats a really solid buy. It probably is still an okay buy at 3k. Before your reassess your collection, lets make a deal, maybe two.
    Wes... lol... thanks for the offer
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Wes... lol... thanks for the offer

I was watching the one that ended early this morning and under 2k was really my budget, when I went to bed last night it was still at 1200 or so ... I was hoping everyone else was taking a long weekend and sleeping in. Sadly, it went too high for me right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Nice Pujols bat 5tool, I agree unless his #'s come down after he returns from the wrist injury for the rest of his career, prices will always be HIGH on anything Pujols Game Used!!!