Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Show off your clear shell helmets

Quote Originally Posted by ousooner_85 View Post
    Looks like the striping and numbers were added recently. I know that on occasion teams would apply numbers and striping on the outside of the clear shell (defeating the purpose all together) but the amount of use, brightness of the stickers, etc.....something just doesn't feel or look right.
    Bama used Macgregor clear shells from 1970 -1975. They never used Kelley's that I ever saw. I have one Macgregor from 1970-71, but it looks pretty rough. I've never seen one that the stripes were added later, the only ones I've seen were factory stripes. The numbers were, of course, decals. The decal font for this helmet is wrong...Bama never used this number font except for one or two seasons in the very early 1960's.

C:\Users\John\Pictures\2015-04-02\013.JPG This is a from the Alabama Sports HOF in Birmingham.It has the red white and blue stripes they used in 76.I'm not sure the helmet is a gamer but the jersey sure is

Wow that Packers-Cardinals playoff game was crazy! I can't seem to upload that pic from the file I will try again my apology

Hello I have decided to sell one of my clear shells. I put it on ebay. Here is the link. I am also considering trades so just let me know. Helmet is in great shape! Was given to original owner from the football program in the 70s. He turned it into a lamp.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/291690394818...84.m1555.l2649

John\Pictures\2015-04-02\0C:\Users\13.JPG

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...1&d=1456335061 Lee Roy Jordan GU Jersey & NOS Helmet? These are from the Alabama Sports HOF In Birmingham.The manager said I could share pics online as long as nothing negative is said.I have some awesome pics of legends gear
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...55971456335495 I think the helmet is new old stock but the jersey is definitely a gamer.Don't ask questions on here about the Steelers logo decal on the helmet or a lynch mob will be after you up in here like they did me a few years ago

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...1&d=1456336048 Auburn Maxpro with orange facemask from the Bo Jackson era.I am a huge Tide fan & despise the Auburn Tigers as any true Bama fan does,but this is a pretty cool helmet that is hammered with use.Love those Maxpros

Great gamers! Thanks for posting.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Love the Jordan. Here is my Jordan Marietta Clear Shell helmet.