Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Re: Show off your clear shell helmets

Late 60's OU MacGregor Dungard. Had it signed by Steve Owens and Billy Sims for my son. Had to start him off right...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What I'm still looking for is a Pitt MacGregor or late 70's Kelley. Maybe a Michigan... I'd really like a 72 Oregon and a mid 70's Oregon. They definitely used MacGregor and other clear shell helmets. I still am looking for a Colorado clear shell with the blue and white buff.

Thought I'd end the day with some history. These are likely Orange Bowl helmets. Finally got them last year with the addition of the FSU. Classic!

And by the way, I'll entertain offers on the 71 UTEP, 80's SMU, and the 80's Tennessee Vols helmets... If anybody is interested.

Thanks,
    Monte

Quote Originally Posted by montehorton@cox.net View Post
    And by the way, I'll entertain offers on the 71 UTEP, 80's SMU, and the 80's Tennessee Vols helmets... If anybody is interested.

Thanks,
    Monte
    These are incredible! Thanks for posting and sharing.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

No doubt Monte has one of the best college football clearshell helmet collections in the country.Thank you for sharing my friend

80's Texas A&M MaxPro

Here's a rare one... 1977 Utah State Kelley... I've only seen one other in a collection. I'm sure there are more out there somewhere though.

John you're too kind. Mine is only a very small collection compared to some I've seen and contributed to. My all time favorite helmet is not an OU or a clear shell helmet, which is surprising to even me! LOL Here's my favorite...

The 2007 - 2008 Oregon Grello DNA... Jonathan Stewart signed this one but it
    was Cameron Colvin's game helmet. He was one of the De Lesalle 5... They went 1-3 in these helmets only to have Oregon over paint them in 2009 in that throwback CS yellow for the Cal and Oregon State (Civil War) games, both of which they won! So it wasn't the helmets... As a result only a very very few probably a handful still survive of the original paint job which was done masterfully by Continental. Enjoy...

Ok... I've finally posted a lot of the clear shells currently and formerly in my collection. See them at thehelmetproject.net along with OU and Oregon helmets.

Monte

Quote Originally Posted by Toowon View Post
    Clear Shell collectors: Love the thread...except for the Penn State helmets. These helmets are interesting because they have the logo/graphics under the shell. There is no logo on those plain Lions helmets, so what's the difference? Boring. I have some Pitt clear shells (some are already on here, like one of the MacGregors and the Ray Lusk Maxpro Marino), and this one is one of my favorites. It is a half of a Kelley, mounted on a wood board. I've had it for a while now, and I used to display it in a place I could pat it for good luck. Now it's in a spot on my wall in the basement. Hoping for some good Pitt Panther luck this season! H2P!
    Would love to talk to you about Pitt clear shells. check out thehelmetproject.net...