Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
Curious, are these helmets faked very often? Is it hard to replicate this style/design? Or if you see one on the market are you pretty safe?
To be honest, I don't really know if these helmets are faked very often (I have never seen one in person, and have only seen photos of clear shells). But I doubt if clear shells are faked very often. First, because as far as I am aware obtaining any kind of clear shell helmet is hard due to their scarcity and, second, if you read Mike Princip's Uniwatch article on how he custom-created his Seahawks Kelly clear shell helmet, it seems as if it would take a tremendous amount of work and talent to create a fake clear shell. Mike Princip makes it sound pretty easy but, in reality Mike is an exceptionally talented artist, graphic designer and helmet inventor who has the confidence and artistic experience to reproduce and create a custom clear shell. My hunch is that it would be very hard for most people to replicate and produce a fake clear shell that would fool serious helmet collectors.