Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why did you pick your forum name?

Here's an interesting topic... I'd like to know why you chose the nickname you chose for the forum. I'll start:

I chose "commando" because while stationed in Berlin (Army), I had the chance to attend and graduate French Commando School. Not very sportsy, I'll admit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Re: Why did you pick your forum name?

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Here's an interesting topic... I'd like to know why you chose the nickname you chose for the forum. I'll start:

I chose "commando" because while stationed in Berlin (Army), I had the chance to attend and graduate French Commando School. Not very sportsy, I'll admit.
    Oh, that's a little more innocent an explanation than I expected.

I used frikativ54 because it was a userid I had for other forums. I kind of regret not doing bagwellgameused or simply lazukor, my name.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Mine's is quite simple, I am from Hawaii & I am a sports nut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The initials of my name, (Damon Ray) and the numbers of my two favorite players, Derek and Alex.

Banned

Cool Re: Why did you pick your forum name?

Mine is the team name and the last 2 digits of the year of the initial first place teams that I remember from both sides of Chicago (1983 AL West Champion White Sox and 1984 NL East Champion Cubs). I was alive for the 1959 AL pennant winning White Sox, but I was one year old at the time...who remembers anything when they're THAT young?

Dave Miedema

Mine is the home run totals from Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa from 1998.

GinGi is the hebrew word for redhead. 79 was the year I was born and the number I wear in beer leagues and video games.

After hating my hair for the majority of youth, it became a very enjoyable part of my personality in my late teens. It really sucked that women who were 50 and older loved touching and caressing my hair but the younger lovely ladies seemed not to like it. I always figured I'd one day be the sexy ladykiller in a retirement home which makes it easy to look forward to old age

Those of you with kids or have seen Shrek may wonder why I chose a talking cookie for a name.... alas it is simply a disappointing coincidence.

On an unrelated note, I am growing it long now with aspirations of one day cutting it and donating it to Locks of Love. They will make it into a wig for an anonymous patient who has lost their hair to cancer. That terrible disease claimed my father's life and I'd like to think I can do his memory proud by doing this. Many of my female friends and family tell me losing their hair would affect how they saw themselves as a woman. I encourage all of you who can do something like this, to do it. I think of my dad every time I look in the mirror and the thought of helping a cancer warrior feel like a normal woman again is so rewarding.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

awesome cause.

i was giving it the old college try earlier in the year until i found out that they need some insane amount like 10'' minimum. i have really, really thick hair, so while i was only about 1/2 way there, i was already starting to look like oscar gamble.

as for me? last name followed by my old hockey #

I've been a devout Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders fan since childhood, and PDX is the airport code for Portland, Oregon, the sadly sports-agnostic city I live in.

That was probably way more of an explanation than was needed; it's very self-explanatory.

Not sure exactly how it happened or why, but my older sister and I, probably about the time we were in high school, developed these odd nicknames for one another. She was - and still is, I guess - Sylvia, Queen of the Gypsies, and I remain - at least to her - Baron Godwulf von Bronk.