Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Value of a Bo Jackson game worn jersey

I saw in 2005 American Memorabilia sold a Game Worn 1989 Set 2 White Bo Jackson jersey for $1800. What would the value be on that in today's market? Has Bo gone up or down or stayed about the same?
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Value of a Bo Jackson game worn jersey

Hard to say on that piece, because 1989 found a now-extinct company called Score Board selling tagged retail jerseys of numerous players, one of which was a 1989 Royals home Bo Jackson. AM's jersey authenticator, Lou Lampson, has erred on numerous pieces he's done for them, and has, on numerous occasions, "authenticated" these retail pieces due, apparently, to the existence of tags.

If the jersey is autographed on the front, and does not have an embroidered box tag with a "T" present (for body tapering), it's almost certain to be one of the Score Board retail jerseys, and not a Bo gamer.

Dave Miedema

Re: SCORE BOARD Jerseys and Bats Reference Guide

I cannot find a copy of Score Board advertising for the infamous 1990 Gregg Jefferies Mets Set 1 home jersey, so here are a couple of examples that are on eBay right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

brief history of scoreboard jerseys?

can someone fill us in on the history of scoreboard jerseys?

thanks

pete

Banned

Lightbulb Re: brief history of scoreboard jerseys?

Score Board was a major company in the hobby/industry in the late 80s and early 90s, and, beginning in 1989 and continuing to 1990, the company made tagged, usually autographed, jerseys for retail sales. The tags caused confusion among novice collectors, as the hobby mantra back then was that tags equalled authenticity. Most can be differentiated from genuine team-issued, game worn pieces based on differences in tagging, All Score Board jerseys were home styles, and all were made by Rawlings. None were marketed by SB of players/teams that wore Wilson home jerseys (i.e., no Don Mattingly, no Wade Boggs, no Dale Murphy). The 1989 editions employed a Rawlings tag designed that began full usage in 1990.

It's late now as I write this, but I will post again on Sunday with the names and teams that I am aware of, and what differences in tagging (if known) that can identify them.

Dave Miedema

Re: brief history of scoreboard jerseys?

Good reference on Scoreboard jerseys.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=40071

Banned

Re: brief history of scoreboard jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by prichmond View Post
    can someone fill us in on the history of scoreboard jerseys?

thanks

pete
    Pete, do understand, "Scoreboard" jerseys were not originally sold as game used. No one was thinking they were going to later hit the market as game used jersey so often.

Rawlings or whoever made the jerseys made extra jerseys for bulk wholesale orders that were tagged similarly to what the players actually wore and this is why now, years later, so many of these jerseys are being sold as game used when they were just pro-cuts.

The Scoreboard company was a legitimate autograph company that often sold items through mass markets such as Home Shopping Club and Sports Collector's Digest.

I generally have all signatures I buy with Scoreboard certificates verified by PSA/DNA as their certificates could be copied or used with items they may have not originally be sold with.

Well, here are nice photos of a Scoreboard Rose jersey. And, drum roll please.... It still has the SCOREBOARD LOA with it!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Isn't Ken Goldin a member on this forum who is trying to get more activity on the autograph boards?

Why not just ask him? I think his user name is KGoldin.

yeah
    that Ken Goldin guy is an active member of game used universe
    ask him a question and maybe he can help

i dont see a question..