Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: American Memorabilia Auctions

Had the same thing happen to me tonight too on an item that had zero bids. I bid at about 7:50pm and then all of a sudden I was outbid. At first I thought maybe a real person outbid me but then it dawned on me and I laughed too. What can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    I have to say, this auction house has become a joke. I had my eye on 2 items from the most recent auction. The items had ZERO bids for over 10 days. For shits and giggles, I decided to place a bid. Within FOUR minutes I was outbid. I actually laughed to myself. So, for the hell of it, I placed a bid on the other one only to be outbid in SIX minutes.

Over the past 3 years, the selection of jersey's has been pretty much equivalent to horse manure.

OK. Rant over.

I'm glad that I'm not alone in this. I bid on an item in the last auction that had no bids on it right up to the end. I placed a bid and shortly after was outbid, placed a second bid too before being outbid and getting skeptical.

I wonder how many people play the game and keep upbidding themselves to reach these hidden reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    I'm glad that I'm not alone in this. I bid on an item in the last auction that had no bids on it right up to the end. I placed a bid and shortly after was outbid, placed a second bid too before being outbid and getting skeptical.

I wonder how many people play the game and keep upbidding themselves to reach these hidden reserves?
    Yeah, I dealt with the same crap from them myself. Bid on a pair of cleats, (and I bid my ceiling, so quite a high bid actually). Not a day passed and I was magically outbid! I laugh because there it sits, with that one bid over mine. I guarantee tomorrow it will be listed on there again.

Just about all of the football items and many other items on AMI are owned by forum members...maybe it a good idea to let guys know what you are looking at and they could contact you directly with better pricing when the Auctions end.

AMI (or the computer) will definitely bid to the reserve if that's the type of auction the seller selects.

Shipp.....I had a few pairs of cleats in the last AMI Auction.....Email me what you were bidding on.....maybe they were mine......and we could work something out.

Hello, this is the first post I've made on this forum, although I've been a member for over a year. I had a recent conversation with American Memorabilia this past weekend regarding a Don Majkowski game used Pro Bowl jersey that they had listed:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...=0&q=majkowski

I informed them that this could not have been game worn because Majkowski did not play in the game. After I informed them of this, they stated that they would check with their "source" and get back to me. Well, after a day and no phone call, I called them back. The woman I spoke with (didn't get her name) stated that I was probably correct and that it was most likely game issued.

I asked if they were going to end the auction early and relist it since there were already 2 bids. She said no and that they would just change the description.

Well, the auction has ended and as you can see, they didn't pull the auction or even change the description.

I saw a previous thread that showed the manufacturing date codes for Wilson jerseys. This jersey has a code "CZ", which I believe to mean it was made in December 1990, 10 months after the 1990 Pro Bowl, am I not deiphering the code correctly?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get in all the info. that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamechicken View Post
    Hello, this is the first post I've made on this forum, although I've been a member for over a year. I had a recent conversation with American Memorabilia this past weekend regarding a Don Majkowski game used Pro Bowl jersey that they had listed:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...=0&q=majkowski

I informed them that this could not have been game worn because Majkowski did not play in the game. After I informed them of this, they stated that they would check with their "source" and get back to me. Well, after a day and no phone call, I called them back. The woman I spoke with (didn't get her name) stated that I was probably correct and that it was most likely game issued.

I asked if they were going to end the auction early and relist it since there were already 2 bids. She said no and that they would just change the description.

Well, the auction has ended and as you can see, they didn't pull the auction or even change the description.

I saw a previous thread that showed the manufacturing date codes for Wilson jerseys. This jersey has a code "CZ", which I believe to mean it was made in December 1990, 10 months after the 1990 Pro Bowl, am I not deiphering the code correctly?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get in all the info. that I had.
    I think your information is correct.
    January 27, 1990
    "Randall Cunningham, who was named most valuable player of the Pro Bowl last year, will have a chance to duplicate the feat Feb. 4. Cunningham has been chosen to replace quarterback Don Majkowski of Green Bay, who has withdrawn from the game citing personal reasons, a bowl spokesman said yesterday in Honolulu. The Eagles quarterback will play behind the scheduled starter, Joe Montana of San Francisco."