Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jason Heyward jersey...

My thought is that $750 is a good price for that.

And maybe he needs a little time in minors.. hasn't been a good year.

.227 with 14 HR in 2011.

What's a Heyward jersey worth these days?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    .227 with 14 HR in 2011.

What's a Heyward jersey worth these days?

Ya no doubt, this kid was suppose to be the next big thing since Griffey jr.

"There is some sentiment within the organization that Atlanta might be better off dealing Jason Heyward," writes ESPN's Buster Olney

I'm so glad I ended up selling the Heyward jersey that this post refers to.

The first Heyward jersey I owned, it sold for $3500 (July 2010 - rookie year jersey, MLB authenticated, worn for 1 homestand and 1 homerun - first Heyward jersey to hit the market)

The second one I owned went for $1750 (July 2011 - MLB authenticated, unwashed, signed, & worn for 1 homestand and 1 homerun just like the other)

Right now? I don't think anyone could make anywhere close to a grand on his jerseys. I won't be surprised if he gets traded. If we saw it happen to Francoeur (who at the time seemed like a player you'd want to see in the same uniform for their whole career), then it could happen to Heyward.

The fame is starting to get to Heyward too. I was speaking with some old ladies at a signing a couple weeks ago, and they're hardcore fans, but extremely sick and were explaining that almost all their money goes for medication. They told me that at the Braves Caravan this year, they waited almost 5 hours in line, and they asked Heyward nicely if he could sign his full name for them, and he said, and I quote word for word, "You gotta pay the big bucks for that" and laughed. The lady told me that she told him that was so disrespectful and walked off. Heyward has nothing but fame and money on his mind in my opinion.