Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Unhappy RIP Armen Gilliam

Former UNLV Runnin' Rebel and 6-team NBA veteran Armen Gilliam died of a suspected heart attack during a pickup basketball game.

Gilliam, nicknamed "The Hammer", was part of the 1987 Final Four UNLV team and was said by coach Jerry Tarkanian to be one of the three best players he ever had at the school.

He was drafted by Phoenix in 1987, and continued in the Association through 2000, with additional career stops in Charlotte (Hornets), Philadelphia, New Jersey, Milwaukee and Utah.

Dave Miedema

Re: RIP Armen Gilliam

A lot of 40-something ballers have been passing lately.
    Rest in peace, Hammer

I got to see the Hammer play in person when the Rebels came to UC Santa Barbara in 1987. They had a great team that year with guys like Freddie Banks, Gerald "Daddio" Paddio, & Jarvis Basknight.

I knew ArmOn.....he was a good dude and a helluva B-Ball player and person! I began my UNLV career after he and the '87 boys(Fearless Freddie, M-Wade, Basnight, Paddio, Graham, etc) wrapped up their Final Four run. He was a big, powerful dude, bangin with the big boyz in the middle!
    R.I.P "Hammer"....You'll always be a Runnin Reb!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jordanhigh69 View Post
    I knew ArmOn.....he was a good dude and a helluva B-Ball player and person! I began my UNLV career after he and the '87 boys(Fearless Freddie, M-Wade, Basnight, Paddio, Graham, etc) wrapped up their Final Four run. He was a big, powerful dude, bangin with the big boyz in the middle!
    R.I.P "Hammer"....You'll always be a Runnin Reb!

Steve

RIP to a great player.