Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My dealings with Steiner today

Quick update.....

Steiner got the retail hat back earlier this week and as of yesterday, I still have no refund.

A fellow board member contacted me for my information, said a Steiner rep wanted to talk to me about what happened. I sent my information, he forwarded it to the rep and no one contacted me.

So for those keeping score at home, I have no hat, no refund of my money as of yesterday and no one at Steiner making any attempt at making things right.

If my refund does come through or if by chance a rep does contact me, I will update the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
    Quick update.....

Steiner got the retail hat back earlier this week and as of yesterday, I still have no refund.
    Did you get a return authorization? I returned something to Steiner after having been authorized, and they paid for shipping. It took a while to get a refund (ultimately 4 to 5 weeks), but they did come through, and I did get my money back. How do you know that Steiner received the hat?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I contacted them the day it arrived and was referred to a rep who offered to "knock a few dollars off" if I wanted to keep it. I told him I wanted to return it, he set up a UPS pickup at my house. I kept all the emails and UPS receipt that was given to me, so I have the tracking number and kept an eye on it to make sure it arrived ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
    I contacted them the day it arrived and was referred to a rep who offered to "knock a few dollars off" if I wanted to keep it. I told him I wanted to return it, he set up a UPS pickup at my house. I kept all the emails and UPS receipt that was given to me, so I have the tracking number and kept an eye on it to make sure it arrived ok.
    Oh, okay. In my case, I set up a return at the UPS store. I kept the paperwork but didn't pay close attention, as the item wasn't really that big a deal to me. But I do remember that it took a long time from my ship date until I actually got a refund, to the point where I started wondering what happened. Be patient; I'm sure you'll get your money back.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

michaelpbell

So Chris Gabriele with Steiner never contacted you?? That is honestly pretty upsetting to me. When I spoke with Chris he seemed concerned and very interested. Hence, the reason I asked for your info to forward to him.

Although I've had many, many positive interactions with Steiner, this is very disappointing to see. I understand folks making mistakes, and I have no problem with that, I just expect that mistakes are either explained and/or fixed.

No, no one from Steiner ever got in contact with me. I've been busy with work/life lately and my wife is off visiting family, but I've checked my email and voicemail every day. No one has called or emailed. I wonder if the fact that I'm not a big spender with them or that this purchase was not a big purchase has anything to do with it?

Either way, I appreciate you trying, thank you.

To let you know you are not alone, and it is not just Steiner with poor customer service, I ordered two hats and a jersey from MLB shop online, and hated all of them in person. So I returned them the next day Priority mail insured and tracking on MY DIME, and still have NOTHING!

That was 2 weeks ago, and I have called a rep, gave him the confirmation #, and was told to "give it more time". Right now I am out $185 plus $15 in shipping w/the insurance and tracking, and have nothing to show for it either.

I feel your pain.