I'm not sure what you mean about what you think I'm setting out to accomplish. I can't accomplish anything, nor am I so disillusioned to think otherwise. Its not somebody who knows solutions who solves problems, its somebody who chooses find and execute the solutions because they strive for a certain ideal. The Reds Organization makes decisions as to what it prioritizes. I accept that and I tend to view everything as glass half full to the extent I possibly can.

What I think we can agree on is that you are doing your buying with the house's money. You'll probably bid the house's money and win the MLB auction for the Drew Stubbs in the park homerun ball. It will (in essence) be "free" to you... paid for by other items for which you bought to reprice for the end owner.

My best guess from a markets perspective is that your buy-to-reprice strategy will motive the Reds to continue raising prices on more and more items (pants, balls, name plates, etc... just as they already did with jerseys and bats). Better the $ goes to the Reds Community Fund, no?