Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Used Contact - Reds

There's a whole lot of funny going on in this thread...just sayin'.

-J

I dont think anyone intended to start trouble, i collect cano as everyone knows and if this was happening to me id be frustrated as well. I think dpl was basically stating the point of collector vs. reseller, venting his frustration at his inability to obtain items from the reds shop for his personal collection because people are buying them in order to "flip" them. Ryans auction happened to be an example of just such, i dont mind people making a buck or selling items to fun their own collection but charging 10x what you paid for an item usually leads to you being seen in a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by jshortt View Post
    There's a whole lot of funny going on in this thread...just sayin'.

-J
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about what you think I'm setting out to accomplish. I can't accomplish anything, nor am I so disillusioned to think otherwise. Its not somebody who knows solutions who solves problems, its somebody who chooses find and execute the solutions because they strive for a certain ideal. The Reds Organization makes decisions as to what it prioritizes. I accept that and I tend to view everything as glass half full to the extent I possibly can.

What I think we can agree on is that you are doing your buying with the house's money. You'll probably bid the house's money and win the MLB auction for the Drew Stubbs in the park homerun ball. It will (in essence) be "free" to you... paid for by other items for which you bought to reprice for the end owner.

My best guess from a markets perspective is that your buy-to-reprice strategy will motive the Reds to continue raising prices on more and more items (pants, balls, name plates, etc... just as they already did with jerseys and bats). Better the $ goes to the Reds Community Fund, no?
    haha meant to +1 this one, talked to Dan and have to agree with his thoughts on this one, things have changed quite a bit and not for the fair to actual collectors

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    You can call the Reds Team Store or go there. Be prepared for some crazy prices!!!

$750.00 for a Votto bat
    $400.00 for a Rolen bat
    $150.00 was the cheapest bat they had!
    $200.00 for batting helmets, with nigh numbers from spring training!

It was very disappointing! One cool thing, as you walk up up the steps, they greet u by saying "Welcome to Game Used"!

One of the interns, she is hot, said about the high prices "were a better team this year". Here is pic of her back side, sweet long dark hair too!!
    Attachment 52898

Wow ...no wonder you guys are buying these great Reds items overpriced...I'd buy a Corey Patterson jersey from her for $ 1,000 ... did you get her card Adam? I'm looking for a new gf