Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Here we go again in texas

And also way too old to be called "dude"

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    And also way too old to be called "dude"
    Hahaha.... You got it, my friend. Have a good weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Hello Folks,

While it seems there are some differences of opinions in this thread, I am going to ask that we please put them aside at this point. At the end of the day, this is a tragic situation that I'm sure we all wish never happened. It is something that came so unexpectedly and I don't think there is much value at this point trying to figure out who is more to blame. I also think we can all agree this reminds us how precious life is and maybe it will enable us treat the time we have here with greater value.

If anything, it seems logical to try to learn from this so hopefully things might be done to prevent things like this from happening again. From the stadiums possibly adding safety features and to people maybe having a better understanding of the risks of reaching over rails, etc. I know in the heat of the moment we tend to do what seems natural (like reaching for a ball). However, the more people become aware of the possible outcomes, maybe they will instinctively refrain from taking risks they might otherwise feel compelled to do if they weren't aware of outcomes like this one.

Thanks in advance for not making this thread personal and I hope we can all join in prayer for this man's family.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Unfortunately, it appears my request to not make this personal was disregarded. Therefore, I deleted the posts and am locking this thread. There will also be administrative action taken given the blantant disregard by some to break the rules and personal attack someone right after I requested that it not be done.

My request was not a complicated one and I'm sorry some could not follow the request to adhere to the forum rules.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions