Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What is your most historic item?

Have a jersey from an important game? Have a bat that hit a famous home run? Show off the items that hold an important place in sports history.

I'll start off with mine: The batting practice jersey worn by Cuban baseball superstar Frederich Cepeda when Cuba went on to win the silver medal in the first World Baseball Classic in 2006.

Re: What is your most historic item?

This would not rank as sports historical, but rather player historical. These are the very first pair of cleats and jersey worn by Jordan Norwood (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) in an NFL game. It was also the only regular season game he ever dressed for Philly. He is now with Cleveland.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks to Andrew Lang for this one. This is one of 7 baseballs that were authenticated to have been thrown by Randy Johnson during his 300th win. Here is the info:

Hologram number BB942497 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: SF AT WSH - GAME 1
    Session Date: June 04, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: RANDY JOHNSON PITCHING TO ALBERTO GONZALEZ, BASE HIT TO SHORT STOP, FIRST (actually an error)

Now for the ball and the pitch sequence (four pitches and error) from the 6th inning, RJ's last inning for the game:
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Nothing big but, this could be the first autograph from Ichiro Suzuki on a game used item on US soil. I caught a foul ball during the very first Hawaii Winter League game. I was the first person at the gate where the players came out & I got the players to sign the ball. Ichiro's signature is just below my logo & Bill Mueller is just above it.

Here's a photo that I took of that game. I got it signed during the next game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiSportsNut View Post
    Nothing big but, this could be the first autograph from Ichiro Suzuki on a game used item on US soil. I caught a foul ball during the very first Hawaii Winter League game. I was the first person at the gate where the players came out & I got the players to sign the ball. Ichiro's signature is just below my logo & Bill Mueller is just above it.

Here's a photo that I took of that game. I got it signed during the next game.
    Those are some pretty cool, rare Ichiro gems!

Maybe infamous?

This is Rodney McCray's home jersey from 1991 when he played in AAA and ran through the outfield wall in Portland during a game. Unfortuantley, not THE jersey, but one of his two jerseys from same season.

WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Maybe infamous?

This is Rodney McCray's home jersey from 1991 when he played in AAA and ran through the outfield wall in Portland during a game. Unfortuantley, not THE jersey, but one of his two jerseys from same season.
    Awesome. Still one of my favorite Portland sports moments (there have been few). Man, I miss the Beavers...

Troy Tulowitzki MLB Debut hat:

Troy Tulowitzki Cycle Jersey:

I have authenticated baseballs from the first playoff game ever at Target Field and the Washington Nationals first home game in 2005.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Manny 2007 ALDS walk off HR bat vs Angels.

Manny Ramirez X-bat was used to hit the walk off HR in game 2 of the 2007 ALDS.

Manny homered off of Angels closer Francisco Rodriguez with two outs in the ninth inning and sent the ball towering over the green monster. The Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Angels 6-3 to take a 2-0 lead in their AL playoff series.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9081763

Manny also used this bat two days later in Anaheim to hit another HR of off Jered Weaver. David Ortiz led off the Boston fourth with a solo homer. Manny followed by pummeling a long ball onto the rocks in center field. It was Manny's 22nd homer in postseason play, tying him with Bernie Williams for the all-time lead.

Thanks, Bobby