Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Cleveland Indians Garage Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jacob930 View Post
    I picked up a signed, game used Ronnie Belliard jersey from 2005 for $100 at the garage sale today. All of the game used jerseys were priced between $50 and $100, and the game used bats were all $25.
    Finally a garage sale that has garage sale pricing! Were all the bats cracked and splintered or did they have some decent ones?

There were quite a few people waiting in line when I arrived, probably 40 or 50. In terms of big name players, there were a few Eddie Murray jerseys, some Victor Martinez and Peralta stuff, and I supposedly a few Hafner bats. Most of that stuff was gone by the time I reached the game used section.

Most of the bats were uncracked and pounded with use. There were only a few cracked ones. Again, however, by the time I reached the bins all that was left were some Belliard, Matt Lawton, Tim Laker and Josh Bard bats. I saw a few people carrying Casey Blake and Ben Broussard bats around.

I just got back from the Garage Sale, (made the early morning drive from Pittsburgh), I was pretty happy with what I saw there. I got there around 10:30 or so thanks to the highway being shut down because of a fatal motorcycle accident. By the time I got there, most of the higher end stuff was picked over; I ended up getting a Josh Bard home jersey, signed Francisco Crucetta jersey (at least it has the Doby and number 18 memorial patches), a cracked Ellis Burks bat and a signed, game-used un-cracked Matt Lawton bat all for $150. Apparently there were deals to be had on things like bases, cleats and ball caps. I saw a sign that said all cleats were $25 and all hats were $10, but by the time I got there, that stuff had all been sold. I guess people were lining up at 6:30 A.M. to get first crack. Also, interestingly enough they had a 2 jersey limit for purchasing I guess some decisions had to be made once it was time to check out.

All and all, I'm pretty happy with what I got....nothing major but I didn’t have any Tribe stuff for my collection and since they're my favorite baseball team, figured might as well grab something at a good price.