Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marshall Faulk Jersey at JOSportsCo

I didnt like this jersey for $500, when it was auctioned off by Mile High Cards:

http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDet...ed-Road-Jersey

I couldnt find a single photo that confirmed Faulk wearing these thin elastic band sleeves, all the pictures i saw clearly show him wearing the thicker elastic sleeve cuffs...

And I sure don't like it now, for $5,000, now on JO Sports website :

http://www.josportsco.com/view_produ...ProductID=6603

Do they buy vintage jerseys from auction houses now?
    If they do, I hope they dont start mixing modern jerseys attained from auction houses in with the jerseys they get from the teams.

Re: Marshall Faulk Jersey at JOSportsCo

I just noticed, it doesnt even have the correct tail tagging...

It looks like somebody tooka a $100 authentic, stripped of the tail tagging, and then added some elastic to the sleeves.

Like one of these common authentics that are always on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Authentic-C...item3f03e55934

Opinions?

Banned

Sweet Lou Lampson LOA to go with that.

"A few hit marks" for one of the best pound for pound players of that era? Especially on a white jersey?

I would be sure to do your homework.

And seeing as though I could only come across about 12 images of Faulk (from Getty) during that time period, I am interested in what Provenance (other than a Mile High & J.O. LOA) there is to support that this jersey was in fact worn by Marshall during the said (1996) season?

Any background provenance?

Any photomatches?

Team Letters?

Player Letter?

By no means am I a Colts expert, but hind sight is telling me that they were not handing out jerseys left and right to players then, like they do now, and that a white Away jersey would more than likely be worn for multiple games (if not the whole season) and show considerable wear.

Just my .02, and I have to admit that based on first look I would be very uncomfortable shelling out $5k for this piece, and I would personally ask for much better provenance before considering the purchase.

I would love to hear what support Mile High, or JO has to support their authentication of this piece.

With all the team "connections" they have they really have no excuse for putting out bad jerseys like this. I would think with all the access they have to Equipment Managers and teams this would be something they would check.

If anything they should get out of the business of anything they are not the first ones to sell. Its going to hurt their image too much.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    With all the team "connections" they have they really have no excuse for putting out bad jerseys like this. I would think with all the access they have to Equipment Managers and teams this would be something they would check.

If anything they should get out of the business of anything they are not the first ones to sell. Its going to hurt their image too much.
    Great point. Reality is like any business they want to make as much money as possible so it won't happen and also they know that the team stuff they sell after they sell it year after year demand will drop as the market becomes saturated with jerseys of the players on these teams and as a result their profits and sales will fall so they seem to be trying to cut that off by diversifying their product line now.

Banned

Thank you for all the points. How our system works is we have a ACTIVE and INACTIVE button on our back end system. This jersey was to be INACTIVE. I agree there is no reason we would want or even try to mislead or sale ANY item that is questionable. We are in the process to communicate with the folks at Mile High and address this thread with them and return the item. We are doing a overall inventory count as we speak to be ready for 2011 football season. We have always purchased from auctions not so much current but football in general. Thank you for the comments and the personal emails to make us aware of this jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by josportsco View Post
    ...I agree there is no reason we would want or even try to mislead or sale ANY item that is questionable. We are in the process to communicate with the folks at Mile High and address this thread with them and return the item....
    Maybe I misread.... But, wouldn't you want this information prior to purchasing the jersey from them? I know I (as a buyer) would want that information from you prior to purchase. Why would you buy something without proper provenance, or 100% certainty that the item is credible?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Great point. Reality is like any business they want to make as much money as possible so it won't happen and also they know that the team stuff they sell after they sell it year after year demand will drop as the market becomes saturated with jerseys of the players on these teams and as a result their profits and sales will fall so they seem to be trying to cut that off by diversifying their product line now.
    Great point. Look at how many Brandon Lloyd Redskins are now all over the market and nobody seems to even be bothering with them...even for less than $200