Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: tire kickers

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: tire kickers

Quote Originally Posted by intheminors View Post
    Joe,

I just listed a bunch of stuff on ebay and, when I do a BIN, you can set the auction to automatically decline offers under a certain amount. I always use that.

But, tire kickers are everywhere. You either deal with them or you don't. I think Craigslist is to blame for some of it. It's like an online flea market. I've had so many people tell me about back and forths on Craigslist. I haven't sold on there so I'm not sure how it works.

Kyle
    Great point Kyle I forgot about that one.

I tried Craigs list once or twice complete waste of time as I was getting spam emails for male enhancements and the like and I am not making that up.

I guess the more anyone tries to avoid the major auction houses and fees that go along with that the more of this type of thing you are going to attract. Although going that route is infinitely more costly, if you are selling anything of real value, I would suggest going that route or be prepared to simply deal with all the nonsense that goes along with this thread.

Using all the additional features on ebay as suggested is another route although I still find I get hammered with a bunch of absolutely stupid questions. I always try to take as many detailed photos when selling as I can along with a very detailed description. I try to really eliminate the need to be questioned to death on everything but there is only so much one can do.

In the end, I probably sell anything on ebay about 4 - 6 items per year so you just deal with it and move on.

Joe

Re: tire kickers

dont even get me started on craigslist. id say that for every 10 emails from people telling me that they will take an item, that maybe 1 or 2 actually come through. that's how bad it has become.

it's kind of a necessary evil for large items or for items that simply cant be shipped economically.

after my grandmother passed, i helped my family get rid of some of the contents of her home because they're not very computer savvy an it turned into a poop show. her house was about 15-20 minutes from mine, so whenever someone would set up a time to go over there and not show up, id basically wing up killing like 2 hours between travel time and hanging around.

one mook called me en route telling me that she would be there in 15 minutes and simply never showed up after that, and stopped answering her cell phone. this was after she begged me to sell her the item.