Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bryce Harper Futures Game Used Hat MLB Auctions....

its up for bid now with 5 days left and up to over 900.00 already

http://nationals.auction.mlb.com/cgi...unbr=159212745

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Always looking for Matt Holliday and Colby Rasmus Game Used...

Banned

Re: Bryce Harper Futures Game Used Hat MLB Auctions....

OK, I fold.

I wouldn't take it, he seems like a real douche to me...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    I wouldn't take it, he seems like a real douche to me...
    Most 18 year olds are.

Lighten up and let him grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Most 18 year olds are.

Lighten up and let him grow up.
    I don't think most eighteen-year-olds are "douches." Many are very nice and have good intentions. However, I think a lot of us did really dumb things in our late teens and early twenties.

I can cut Bryce Harper some slack because of his youth. However, he shouldn't get a free pass or be coddled when he does things that are inappropriate and out of the norm for an eighteen-year-old.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Yeah, blowing a kiss to a pitcher who stares at you and cusses at you as you round the bases is way out of line.
    Unlike the big leaguers who take steroids, skip the all star game, watch their homeruns like they have never hit one before, get drunk, get dui's, take drugs, have multiple affairs, have mutliple children by different women, switch teams every 2-3 years in search of the all mighty dollar, charge $100 for an autograph as if making 10 million dollars a year is not enough, etc..........

Yeah lets have the monthly ganging up on Bryce Harper for being an 18 year old.

Geez! Nobody said he was the 'Only' douche! He's one of many. And who's to say steroids and dui's aren't in his future? I coach high school football and I'm around teenagers every day. I can tell you, at our school at least, most 18 yr olds are very respectful kids, however, like adults you have a few douches in the mix. To be honest, a large percentage of our best athletes regularly act like douches. I don't know if that's connected to being the better athlete or not. But there are some great all around kids too. I do know at 18, I was probably called a douche once or twice by adults! Just my take on the matter.

Todd
    Todd Ricks
    www.freewebs.com/canseco44
    Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
    Spideyman79@yahoo.com

I am 26 and I still regularly act like a douche!

That being said I still wouldn't have gone as far as to blow a kiss. The home run was statement enough. I don't have anything against Harper though, he is still way to new to attempt to determine his character.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

I'm pretty much indifferent to his conduct at this point. He's got time to prove/disprove any doucheiness (is that a new word?).

And while I realize that he is projected to be a big time star, that's a lot of coin to spend on a guy who hasn't even sniffed a major league roster yet. But that's just me...different strokes for different folks. There are some items I'd probably shell way too much out for if it was something I really wanted (like a purchase I'm contemplating right now for an ASG BP jersey).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    Geez! Nobody said he was the 'Only' douche! He's one of many. And who's to say steroids and dui's aren't in his future? I coach high school football and I'm around teenagers every day. I can tell you, at our school at least, most 18 yr olds are very respectful kids, however, like adults you have a few douches in the mix. To be honest, a large percentage of our best athletes regularly act like douches. I don't know if that's connected to being the better athlete or not. But there are some great all around kids too. I do know at 18, I was probably called a douche once or twice by adults! Just my take on the matter.

Todd
    You really collect Jose Canseco and call another baseball player a douche?