Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Clemens jersey on eBay

Your right, the jersey is not being sold as game used, only as game issued. But you can almost bet that this jersey is probably going to resurface somewhere as game worn.

As Chris J. mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the seller of the jersey added the 2004 All-Star jersey, as he regularly customizes blank jerseys.

Banned

Last year I picked up an item at the Roger Clemens foundation. While I was waiting, I noticed they had tons of autographed Clemens jerseys just like this, all size 50 (non-retail size, but smaller than he usually wears). I noticed they all had 0062 tags (obviously the foundation ordered them through Majestic or the Astros, so didn't get 6200). I asked if they sold them and they said they only donate them to charities.

Also, Lelands once offered a road grey 2004 jersey that was signed twice. It was size 50 and the auction stated it came from the Roger Clemens Foundation.

Long story short: Roger is very protective of his game used/worn items. I would stay away from size 50 jerseys.

Thanks,

Banned

egameused thank you for stressing my point that the jerseys isn't even his size!!!

That seller is shady at best with theire listings, but when you catch them in their lie, they will refund your money for the jersey back. I know first hand as I have dealt with them twice...and to be fair, here we go...

1. I bought an authentic autographed Berkman...when the jersey came it had different hologram number than pics and was a different size then jersey in pics...end result they sent me the correct autographed Berkman, which I am pleased with (but it did cost me $5 to send back their switch job, which had snags on the jersey).

2. I bought that 2001 9/11 Black Oswalt Gamer...end result 9/11 patch was a poor, fake, afterthought, add on to what did appear to be an Oswalt gamer. Now it could have been a blank that they did up, or an "issued", or a bunch of other things. It showed way too much use for an alternate jersey. They sent me FULL REFUND when I called them on the flaws in their scam (example, front pic of jersey had 2 little stains on the A and no stiching in neck where 9/11 flag was...actual jersey had same 2 little stains, same exact place, but YELLOW STITCHING where 9/11 flag was)...but again I ate $5 shipping.

end analysis, IMHO, I will not deal with them a third time...and I wouldn't trust anything they SELL or SAY (and believe me they will try to lie two or three times, they even had the B@LLS to admit that I caught them in a few lies and that "this industry has a lot of room for poetic licensing in descriptions of items"...based on that last statement and their admission of multiple lies, I can't say anything nice about them other than they did give me my money back and didn't just thief it from me (which we all either have been ripped of or know someone who has)...I just don't want the hassles, especially when you ask a lot of questions like I do and I end up getting lied to anyway.

This is a great forum, and I come here a lot to read, research and have even gotten some jerseys from members, so I feel obligated to get the facts out.

I guess that's where "buyer beware" came from. OK, I'm done with my rant...lol.

'Stros RULE!!!

Banned

I have contacted the seller twice and asked about the two jerseys in question and recieved no response as I expected. I sent a third email after reading teke's post and asked the seller if they were ever going to stop ignoring the problems with their jerseys and if they thought it was fun decieving collectors, to which I got this response:

tell_your_story( 873)
    Always cool raking in the dough.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

But hey, now whoever sees this thread will know the risks involved with this seller...and that's a good thing

Research and education will limit (but not eliminate) your chances of getting screwed...lol

'Stros RULE!!!