Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

julio cruz D143 on ebay!

FYI; in case someone wants it, it did not come from a batboy. i owned this bat in december of 10, and traded it some months later. nice unused bat, though the story is incorrect.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JULIO-CRUZ-SEATT...item2312617844

Re: julio cruz D143 on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    FYI; in case someone wants it, it did not come from a batboy. i owned this bat in december of 10, and traded it some months later. nice unused bat, though the story is incorrect.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JULIO-CRUZ-SEATT...item2312617844
    look up december pickups and it is there. i also asked BMH about his orders.

That seller has a store in downtown Pittsburgh with plenty of questionable items in it... Not hating, just saying.

Since he is somewhat local, I have tried to deal with the seller several times on certain Pirate items, but he always seems to disappear and quit responding to emails... just my experience.

this is the response i received from him/her/them:

Dear momen55,

the guy i got it off of was pirates employee and got it through a batboy.

-----Original Message-----
    From: eBay Member: momen55 <momen5_hriu6298te@members.ebay.com>
    To: dmeans3767@aol.com
    Sent: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm
    Subject: Other: momen55 sent a message about JULIO CRUZ SEATTLE MARINERS WHITE SOX GAME USED BAT #150632233028

Dear r.c.means,

i owned this bat. in fact, i traded it for another bat. how did it come from a batboy?

- momen55

i told him i had photos of the bat when i had it and haven't heard back from since and probably won't.

for some laughs, i contacted the guy whom i traded this bat about it being on ebay and the story behind it. below are the emails.

hi tim;

this is ivan. we traded bats back in august of last year; the cullen for the cruz. anyway, i see you don't own it anymore, and the person that does is selling as it coming from a batboy via an employee of the pirates.

who did you sell/trade it to?

his response:

I still own the bat. The dealer on ebay is trying to sell it for me to defray the cost of an autographed ball I bought from him. He knows that I worked at Three Rivers Stadium for 10 years but I suppose it sounds better that “I was a batboy” than the true story, that I knew the equipment manager and traded him cigarettes for bats when I filled the cigarette machine in the clubhouse.

i know it is not a high dollar item, but that is not the point.