Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

julio cruz D143 on ebay!

FYI; in case someone wants it, it did not come from a batboy. i owned this bat in december of 10, and traded it some months later. nice unused bat, though the story is incorrect.
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

Re: julio cruz D143 on ebay!

Originally posted by momen55
    FYI; in case someone wants it, it did not come from a batboy. i owned this bat in december of 10, and traded it some months later. nice unused bat, though the story is incorrect.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JULIO-CRUZ-SEATT...item2312617844
    look up december pickups and it is there. i also asked BMH about his orders.

Comment

• kprst6
      • Mar 2011

That seller has a store in downtown Pittsburgh with plenty of questionable items in it... Not hating, just saying.

Comment

• justinbittner220
        • Apr 2010

Since he is somewhat local, I have tried to deal with the seller several times on certain Pirate items, but he always seems to disappear and quit responding to emails... just my experience.

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

this is the response i received from him/her/them:

Dear momen55,

the guy i got it off of was pirates employee and got it through a batboy.

-----Original Message-----
          From: eBay Member: momen55 <momen5_hriu6298te@members.ebay.com>
          To: dmeans3767@aol.com
          Sent: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm
          Subject: Other: momen55 sent a message about JULIO CRUZ SEATTLE MARINERS WHITE SOX GAME USED BAT #150632233028

Dear r.c.means,

i owned this bat. in fact, i traded it for another bat. how did it come from a batboy?

- momen55

i told him i had photos of the bat when i had it and haven't heard back from since and probably won't.

Comment

• momen55
            • Aug 2006

for some laughs, i contacted the guy whom i traded this bat about it being on ebay and the story behind it. below are the emails.

hi tim;

this is ivan. we traded bats back in august of last year; the cullen for the cruz. anyway, i see you don't own it anymore, and the person that does is selling as it coming from a batboy via an employee of the pirates.

who did you sell/trade it to?

his response:

I still own the bat. The dealer on ebay is trying to sell it for me to defray the cost of an autographed ball I bought from him. He knows that I worked at Three Rivers Stadium for 10 years but I suppose it sounds better that “I was a batboy” than the true story, that I knew the equipment manager and traded him cigarettes for bats when I filled the cigarette machine in the clubhouse.

i know it is not a high dollar item, but that is not the point.

Comment

Working...