X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rangersfan1214
    Banned
    • Aug 2010

Pujols Family Foundation Auction?

Whats going on with the Pujols Family Foundation auction? I was watching the countdown yesterday and once it hit zero it said it will start shortly. It said that until today. Now it has started but the only thing is the signed picture of Pujols, Holiday and Musial. Is that all they're auctioning?
  • CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: Pujols Family Foundation Auction?

read...
    The Pujols Family Foundation is a national not-for-profit agency that exists to honor God and strengthen families through our works, deeds and examples. Since beginning this foundation in 2005, we have sought to help those living with Down syndrome here at home and to improve the lives of the impoverished in the Dominican Republic.

The Milestones Collection auctions will be conducted through the Pujols Family Foundation website over the course of the 2011 season. Each auction will consist of a single item and will run for 10 days.
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• rangersfan1214
      Banned
      • Aug 2010

Ahhhh. Thanks Campwest. I missed that. Doesn't make much sense that they only offer one at a time

Comment

• MLB~NUT
        • Feb 2011

Yes for now its a the one of Pujols, Musial, and Holliday auto'd by the three. Its a 16 x 24

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Always looking for Holliday and Rasmus Game Used...

Comment

• MLB~NUT
          • Feb 2011

stlouismemorbillia or djbrady33 is their ebay id, has won all 4 of the milestone items soo far. The bad thing is the line up cards were both signed in pen and the autos looked more sloppy than usual by Pujols!

Comment

• rj_lucas
            • Apr 2009

The lineup cards were signed with a Sharpie pen. New archival product from Sharpie, won't bleed or fade on paper. Much better than an ink pen.

Rick

Comment

• rangersfan1214
              Banned
              • Aug 2010

I hate to change the subject but I dont want to start a new thread. And I know a lot of Pujols experts will see this. I may have mentioned this in the past but I never really got a clear answer. Does this Pujols autograph look fishy to yall? Or does it look normal. All of Pujols' 2009 topps autographs look like this.
              Attached Files

Comment

• stlbats
                • Nov 2005

The autograph looks bad to me. I have heard that some card companies put some autos on cards that might have actually been signed years before. That said, I dont remember a Pujols autograph like that at any time in his career.

Jason

stlbats@bellsouth.net

Comment

• gnishiyama
                  • Aug 2006

I too always found these "Bowman Buy Back" cards to have some
                  really strange looking on-card Pujols auto's. What do you guys think?

The list goes on if you look up "Pujols Bowman Buyback" on Ebay.
                  I'm not saying that they are fake since I doubt Topps would put
                  anything like this but with card companies you just never know.
                  Maybe the cards got sent to Pujols and someboy else signed them?

The third link is a 1/1 that went for $180+. I'm no card expert but I would
                  think Pujols 1/1 certified auto card would go for much more.

Goh Nishiyama
                  Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• CampWest
                    • May 2008

I'd be very careful about Topps buybacks. The problem is Topps relied entirely on a stupid little sticker on the plastic case as the sole "authentication". The stickers naturally unstick without any intentional manipulation. I had several pack pulled Bowman Originals autos that the stickers popped off within a couple weeks.

Fraudsters can buy really cheap cased cards, easily remove the sticker, insert a fake autograph card of a superstar and sell it as a bowman buyback to unwitting buyers. I think there are a ton of fake autos on the market that claim the "buy back" case as proof of its authenticity.

Originally posted by gnishiyama
                    I too always found these "Bowman Buy Back" cards to have some
                    really strange looking on-card Pujols auto's. What do you guys think?

The list goes on if you look up "Pujols Bowman Buyback" on Ebay.
                    I'm not saying that they are fake since I doubt Topps would put
                    anything like this but with card companies you just never know.
                    Maybe the cards got sent to Pujols and someboy else signed them?

The third link is a 1/1 that went for $180+. I'm no card expert but I would
                    think Pujols 1/1 certified auto card would go for much more.

Goh Nishiyama
                    sigpic
                    Wes Campbell

Comment

• CampWest
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by CampWest
                      I'd be very careful about Topps buybacks. The problem is Topps relied entirely on a stupid little sticker on the plastic case as the sole "authentication". The stickers naturally unstick without any intentional manipulation. I had several pack pulled Bowman Originals autos that the stickers popped off within a couple weeks.

Fraudsters can buy really cheap cased cards, easily remove the sticker, insert a fake autograph card of a superstar and sell it as a bowman buyback to unwitting buyers. I think there are a ton of fake autos on the market that claim the "buy back" case as proof of its authenticity.

To clarify, I think topps did add authentication stickers to the buy back cards that were auto'ed, but those could also be easily removed from valid cards and placed on fakes.
                      sigpic
                      Wes Campbell

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                        • Sep 2007

I haven't ever had one of those stickers fall off my cards but I do remember an article that talked about those Pujols on sticker cards were left over from a set they did several years ago so the graphs are very old.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                          • Feb 2011

rj lucas-Look Again those line-up cards ARE SIGNED in Ink Pen,not a sharpie...

Comment

• rj_lucas
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MLB~NUT
                            rj lucas-Look Again those line-up cards ARE SIGNED in Ink Pen,not a sharpie...
                            Sorry my friend, but that's a Sharpie pen. I know, because it was my pen. I manage the Foundation's website, including the auctions.

Sharpie pens (not to be confused with Sharpie markers) make a great line and unlike ballpoint, they're archival. For signing historically significant paper items or ephemera, they're absolutely the best way to go.

Rick

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                              • Feb 2011

For asigificant item. It looks pretty crumby to me...

Comment

Working...