Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

JR Reid sold his Carolina jerseys on ebay

Re: JR Reid sold his Carolina jerseys on ebay

I emailed Reid and he said they were both sold. I wonder how long it will take before we see these in an upcoming auction...

I didnt see the listing in time....but I am still looking for a Game Used UNC bball Jersey!

briandeol@hotmail.com

It has been discussed before about players selling their stuff 'cause they need money. I don't think J.R. is broke or has an ex-wife. But, what's 200 bones gonna buy? He had a nice career. By my calculations, he should have at least a couple hundred grand in savings.

Banned

I remember JR Reid well.
    I especially remember the opossing fans taunts......JR can't read, JR can't read, Jr can't read!

I'm wondering if it was JR Reid selling it or just a picture of him holding the jersey at some point. The contact us to have JR personalize part, makes me think not.

I notice the cell phone number is a Norfolk, VA area cell and the listing shows San Antonio, TX....plus what ex-NBAer would put his phone number and e-mail address on a listing anyway???

Seeing that the seller pulled the auction early...I'm curious what kind of offer he got to sell it offline.

Banned

Re: JR Reid sold his Carolina jerseys on eBay

They just emailed me. The eBay account is registered to: Patricia Bocanegra. I just don't understand why they started an auction for charity just to end it early and sell off eBay.

I asked how they could run a charity auction and end it early without being sure they were getting the most money for the charity that they could.

I am awaiting a reply to this question.

Joel, I'm not looking to argue or push your buttons, but what authority do you have that the seller would feel the need to answer your follow up question? If there was definitive proof it was a bogus jersey questions may be warranted. However, no one has to explain why they sold something, whether it is for charity or not, at the price they chose.

I dont know why JR would not of sold the jersey(s) on his charity website...but none the less this all seems a bit off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    Joel, I'm not looking to argue or push your buttons, but what authority do you have that the seller would feel the need to answer your follow up question? If there was definitive proof it was a bogus jersey questions may be warranted. However, no one has to explain why they sold something, whether it is for charity or not, at the price they chose.

You may be right but if you are setting up a charity auction I feel you should let the auction run to raise as much money as possible for the charity. Isn't that the goal?