Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Griffey Jr Jersey

Was planning on going all in on this Griffey Jr. Reds jersey but wanted to see what the board thought of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It seems to match up with some of the 2001 photos, only issue is the year 01 was printed on the property tags. The only year it was left off was 2003. Any one have any thoughts on this jersey?

AWA85@live.com
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: Griffey Jr Jersey

Ok, I am ready to pounce on this jersey but need some reassurance.

I have been told the year was not left on 01, only on a later year. Is there anyway to confirm this jersey matches the photos and is form 2001?

Also the arching of the name on the back seems extreme, anyone have any photos of the back of a 2001 home jersey? Should be easy to match if can find a normal picture of the back?
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

IMO size is correct but should their not be -01 after the Property Of Cincinnati Reds tag ?

The seller is a member here so I hope you contact him and let him know your concerns.

I always say if an item has questions and you get a bad feeling don't bid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    IMO size is correct but should their not be -01 after the Property Of Cincinnati Reds tag ?

The seller is a member here so I hope you contact him and let him know your concerns.

I always say if an item has questions and you get a bad feeling don't bid.
    Adam and I have discussed the jersey. Only so much information I have available, but I am confident with the jersey as my source was solid. I couldn't find too many pictures from 2001, hopefully some can find more of them and add to the discussion.

Banned

I have failed in finding Griffey's back from 2001. What I noticed is guys with two digits have more of an arch than guys with one digit, and the longer the name, the more of an arch. I couldn't find anyone with a two digit number with a seven letter last name, but I did find Cromer with six letters in his last name to show an arch.

I noticed guys like Deion Sanders who only had a single digit uniform number have less arch than guys with two numbers and longer names.

Name:  Cromer.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  36.5 KB

Banned

All the Reds jersey's that I have seen say on the front tag "Property Of Cincinnati Reds-01 or -02 ect.... I have not seen a blank date before on a legit gamer.

Also your A-Rod jersey we will not even get into that

Banned

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hlight=Griffey

This is what a 2001 griffey tagging should look like notice the "Property Tag".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...hlight=Griffey

This is what a 2001 griffey tagging should look like notice the "Property Tag".
    So there was never any issued any other way? Those tags look pretty identical, minus the "01" and this originated from a good source. I'll assume the superstar had more jerseys made than other players.

Banned

I am just stating my opinion from what I know and have seen. If it's questionable like it seems to be then obviously people are gonna talk about it and want to get to the bottom of the item at hand.

Maybe other collectors have seen this type of tagging on other legit Griffey's I know I have not.

Banned

I just received the following email from a former member of this forum who is respected in many circles for his knowledge. I won't name him, but his last name rhymes with "gulf" -

"Joel-The Reds, like all teams, have extra jerseys. I have seen legit Reds gamers void of the year designation and featuring just the PROPERTY OF notation.

The Griffey you have does seem to have an arch that is too curved. Is it fake-we all know there are variations to jerseys including placement of names, numbers, font etc. I’d suggest digging deeper to try to locate a shot of the arch style you have to put it to rest."

I have had no luck finding any pictures of Jr. from the back from 2001, but I do like the picture I posted above as I really believe the arch is greater for players with longer names and 2-digit numbers.

Thanks for your email HBW.