Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
Dolphins,

I think I can answer why they want us ... and I use this analogy often ...

Anyone can paint his or her own home, probably for less money than a painter will charge. But many people hire painters because they value the expertise a professional painter brings. And some people know if they climb a ladder to paint, they might break an ankle.

As many collectors on this Forum have said numerous times, teams are not experts in the field of game-worn authentication of memorabilia. Some teams are shrewd enough to let experts, who understand the needs and desires of clients like you, who pay good money for these items, do the work in this highly selective marketplace.

Hope this explains,

Barry
Yeah makes sence. There a billion dollar industry and they bank on the success of business that sell there GUM. So I see where there coming from for makin contracts with these sports memorabilia companies. They are the experts. I like the NFL auction concept though, so I hope they still continue to post up cool phins gear. We'll just have to wait and see what happens with JO and NFL auctions. I'm sure JO will have plenty of jerseys I'm interested in for a good price.

P.S who gets preseason jerseys?