Re: Any good pick ups at the National?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSharon View Post
    Cant make it this year but in the past have found some great deals
    1989 Biggio bat that was hammerd auto and uncracked for 125
    an 1980's Reggie Jackson angels goodman for 115
    a game used Musial bat from his last year for 600
    1982 Rickey henderson A's for 425

the deals are always out there if you look
    good luck to all who can go if there are any old Astros there for a good price let me know
    Mike
    dingo464@gmail.com
    You got a Musial for $600?? Unbelievable!!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

That Bergie's booth is pretty close the JO booth.

I picked up a couple new Bears jerseys (photos to come after I visit camp to try to get them signed on Wed.) My good friend Rob hooked me up with a home Peanut Tillman labeled as being from 2005 (just photo matched it to the NFL Championship game against the Saints which paved the way for the Super Bowl), a home Nick Roach from '09 vs. the Eagles and an away Chris Harris from 2010 vs the Dolphins (this game marked the 700th regular season win in Bears history - the Urlacher, Peppers and Cutler from this game are on display at the Hall of Fame in Canton, OH). Pretty damn good day at the National. Thanks again ROB!

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

I picked up an old county stadium seat. Seat number 13 of course. In a way it was game used. There is always something you never plan on getting.

Got a sweet Carew gamer I posted on the August thread.....very happy.

Scott

I picked up a Duerson and Latta Chicago Bears jersey, both had tons of wear and repairs. Will get pictures of them later tonight.

I picked up a GU uncracked Thome black LVS bat on Saturday for 400. I will post pics tomorrow in the August Pick-ups thread. Pretty sweet bat!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I went last night (Wed) after work, there were at least 10-15 dealers that I saw that had GU items from multiple sports.

I picked up a Chris Harris Bears home jersey from the NFC Championship game for a great price. They had a ton of stuff there, some for great prices.

There were quite a few auction houses there, they had some great displays of a wide variety of items.

I thougth $20 to get in the door was assinine, add that to parking and you've spent about $35 to get in the door.
    I agree. I helped a friend all week (except Thursday, I slept all day Thursday) and I couldn't believe it was $20.00 admission. I used to go to coin and currency shows in the same building, and they gave free admission to the public. Why do they need to charge $20.00 to get into a trade show trying to collect more money from the public? It is insane and poor marketing.

The dealer tables and corporate booths are no bargains to rent for the week. If they wanted to charge $5.00 to get it, that would be reasonable, but $20.00 make it hard for a family of four to attend the event.

Very poor marketing showing a lack of respect for the exhibitors.

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    I don't remember the exact location, but when you come in the main entrance, they are about 2-3 rows back and 2-3 rows to the right. Their racks are 3 rows tall and very long, they have plastic containers in front of their booth filled with bargain GU items.
    Could that have been the booth gamewornuniforms.com ?

Terdell Sands game worn Raiders jersey (JO COA) w/ lots of wear especially on the shoulder areas

Brian Urlacher signed, game worn gloves w/ holograms
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by saftey45 View Post
    I picked up a Duerson and Latta Chicago Bears jersey, both had tons of wear and repairs. Will get pictures of them later tonight.
    A Duerson and a Latta? I'd love to see those pics, great players. Probably cost a pretty penny right there in Chicago!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Anyone see any Michael Jordan GU stuff? Seems his stuff would be plentiful based on the location.