Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking for Drew Stubbs game used items

Aggressively looking for any Drew Stubbs game used items. I prefer them to be major league but might consider obtaining minor league stuff.

Re: Looking for Drew Stubbs game used items

Good news. The Reds Pro Shop had at least one bat with very use and very minimal crack a few days ago. It was $250. It would appear it wasn't immediately vultured because resales of other really nice Stubbs bats that had been vultured from the Pro Shop appear to have slowed. There were also several other Stubbs bats at the same price, more than one that was better in terms of use and condition than my own.

Not mentioning any names about vultures who really disrupted the Reds game used distribution channels over recent history, of course... just observing the situation. No need to mention names... those vultures can and do make up just about any story around one minor tidbit of true information to deflect negative attention from themselves anyway.

One tried talking me into giving him the benefit of the doubt and believing him to be a collector himself.... one that marks things up less for resell to "friends"... and inviting me to be his "friend". As embarased as I am to admit it that I tried to have an e-mail correspondence with him on merits, what transpired is very telling and certainly taught me a lesson about trying to be nice when all observations have already suggested I should avoid someone.

I replied to him by telling him why I had doubts... I cited a few things he had done historically which were inconsistent with the way he portrayed himself. And explained my conditional openness to be his resell customer depending on how blatantly he worked to maximize profit at my expense by writing "Is it possible that I'd buy from you? Yes, if you weren't out to rape me."

Guess what I get for trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt... he now positions upon his every opportunity that I called him a liar and a rapist.

Point is, its a pleasure to tell you that if you want a Stubbs gamer, you don't have to subsidize a flipper's bad ways.

You can't shop by phone/fax at the Reds proshop at present (a by-product of a flipper who made some very misleading characterizations). However, there is a great company called BeyondtheDugout.net ("BTD") that creates value for the marketplace by virtue of its relationship with Drew Stubbs. To be clear, BTD is not a Pro Shop vulture, rather gets different inventory from the player.

Thanks for the info.

I have actually been in talks with Matt at Beyond The Dugout recently. We have reached a deal for a couple unique items from Drew. I am supposed to get the 7/24/11 black bat as well as 7/24/11 batting gloves when Drew hit the Walk-off HR on Sunday Night Baseball.

Once again, thanks for the heads up.

Always looking to add to my Stubbs collection.

So far:

2009 Blonde 125th Anniversary LVS bat signed and inscribed
    2010 Pink Mother's Day bat MLB authenticated signed and inscribed

Post Re: Looking for Drew Stubbs game used items

I have a Stubbs on eBay. Id make u a deal on.

Post Re: Looking for Drew Stubbs game used items

Quote Originally Posted by simmo2332 View Post
    I am supposed to get the 7/24/11 black bat as well as 7/24/11 batting gloves when Drew hit the Walk-off HR on Sunday Night Baseball.

Once again, thanks for the heads up.

Always looking to add to my Stubbs collection.

So far:

2009 Blonde 125th Anniversary LVS bat signed and inscribed
    2010 Pink Mother's Day bat MLB authenticated signed and inscribed

Very nice adds, congratulations. Very focused collection. I've gotten my family a couple of items. Anyway, I have no idea whether you have other Reds or Bengals items which might be of interest to me.

I'm never a seller unless I can pass along something which became "extra" in my collection to another good home, but I would consider trading item(s) to achieve dual preferences. Except for an item belonging to my son, of course.

If you are interested to see if there are trades for dual purpose to explore feel free to contact me:

plettner@fuse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Redsman20 View Post

The 09 bat? If not, which one?

email me at asimmons23@yahoo.com if you're interested in possibly working something out

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    Very nice adds, congratulations. Very focused collection. I've gotten my family a couple of items. Anyway, I have no idea whether you have other Reds or Bengals items which might be of interest to me.

I'm never a seller unless I can pass along something which became "extra" in my collection to another good home, but I would consider trading item(s) to achieve dual preferences. Except for an item belonging to my son, of course.

If you are interested to see if there are trades for dual purpose to explore feel free to contact me:

plettner@fuse.net
    Thanks! I try to collect items that mean something to me or if they are from a game I've been to.

I do have quite a few other Reds items. Let me know what you are interested in or are looking for.

asimmons23@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Bump

still looking