Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Show Me You Chicago Cubs Stuff...

I was taking a look at a similar Chicago Bears post and was able to see some really cool stuff. I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone has out there of the Northsiders...

Banned

Smile Re: Show Me You Chicago Cubs Stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    I was taking a look at a similar Chicago Bears post and was able to see some really cool stuff. I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone has out there of the Northsiders...
    No camera to post pics, but I have over a dozen GU caps, including 9-11 flag caps of Carlos Zambrano and Dusty Baker; a few GU jerseys, the favorite of which is are 1995 BPs of Bob Patterson and Kent Bottenfield (both received from the players themselves), and several bats, including a 1993 LS Derrick May (my first bat from a player in the 1990s) and a rookie year Rawlings bat of the late Geremi Gonzalez I got in trade from Geremi in exchange for some Venezuelan baseball memorabilia.

Dave Miedema

Re: Show Me You Chicago Cubs Stuff...

Finally figured out how to post pics on here (thanks to some help)....in the first picture from left to right...top row: Ryne Sandberg GU Signed Home Hat, Greg Maddux GU Road Hat, Billy Williams GU Signed Home Hat

2nd Row: Sammy Sosa GU Signed 2002 Road Hat, Andre Dawson GU Signed Home Hat, Kerry Wood 2002 GU Signed Road Hat

3rd Row: Wrigley Field Brick, Leon Durham GU Hat, Ryne Sandberg GU Signed Batting Glove, Wrigley Field Grass and assorted signed baseballs

4th Row: Derrek Lee GU Signed 2005 Road Hat, Kerry Wood GU 2008 Signed Home Hat, Mark Prior GU Signed 2002 Flag Hat

5th Row: Moises Alou GU Signed Home Hat, Mark Grace GU Road Hat, Alfonso Soriano GU 2008 Home Hat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Top Left: Geovany Soto 2008 GU ROY Road Batting Helmet with 2009 GU Locker Room Nameplate
    Top Center: Ryne Sandberg GU Home Batting Helmet
    Top Right: Aramis Ramirez GU Road Batting Helmet
    Middle:Bruce Sutter GU Signed Home Hat, Aramis Ramirez 2008 GU Home Hat, Dave Kingman GU Signed Home Hat
    Below: Geovany Soto GU 2008 ROY Road Hat, Jeff Samardzija 2008 GU Signed Rookie Home Hat, Carlos Zambrano GU 2001 Rookie Road Hat
    Bottom: Mark Grace GU Cleats, Aramis Ramirez 2009 GU Signed Batting Gloves and wrist band, Kerry Wood 2008 GU Belt, Kerry Wood 2008 GU Signed Cleats and 2008 Locker Room Nameplate, Derrek Lee 2005 GU Signed Cleats and 2010 Locker Room Nameplate, Aramis Ramirez 2008 GU Signed Cleats, Mark Prior GU 2003 Cleats

Not Pictured: Aramis Ramirez GU 2008 Home Jersey and Batting Cage Jacket, Jeff Samardzija 2008 GU Signed Road Jersey, Kerry Wood 2008 GU Road Jersey, Aramis Ramirez 2008-2009 Practice/Backup Fielding Glove, Derrek Lee 2005 GU Home Pants, Mark Grace GU Bat, Derrek Lee 2002 GU Signed Bat, Aramis Ramirez 2006 GU Bat, Andre Dawson 1987 GU Signed Bat, Alfonso Soriano 2008 GU Signed Bat, 1969 Cubs Team Signed Rawlings Big Stick Bat

Hey guys! I think this is the thread that pushed me over the top to join GUU. My collection is very modest compared to most of yours, but with the help of Nick, I've added some new pieces that I absolutely love!

Please forgive me ahead of time if my pictures arent easy on the eyes since I'm trying to get used to the format of this forum.

1. The first picture is an original drawing by my sister in law, showing the three original members of the HOF from the 1969 Cubs. Ernie, Fergie, and Billy each signed it with the year that they entered the HOF.

2. Fergie signing picture.

3. Ernie signing picture.

4. Another original piece, signed by the fourth HOF member of the 1969 team, Mr. Ron Santo. Ron signed along his arm and it was the only piece he signed as he walked off the stage from the WGN radio interview during the 2007 (I believe) Cubs Convention.

5. Mark Grace drawing

6. Starlin Castro (signed last year at the Convention)

7. My growing collection of game used pieces. There are game used bats of (in no particular order): Dunston, Durham, Dwight Smith, Walton, Sosa, D-Lee, Jody Davis, Moreland, Sarge, Castro, Rizzo (uncracked & signed), and Aramis. Game used batting gloves of Dunston (signed), Aramis (signed), and Grace. Game used hat of Grace. Game used base signed by Billy Williams. Game used Wood jersey (2000).

8. Wrigley Field seat back signed by: Dunston, Sveum, Pinella, Moreland, Pappas, Williams, Banks, Harden, Soto, Beckert, Jody, Hundley, Dernier, Sutcliffe, Dempster, and the last name slips my mind.

9. Personal photos that I took and had autographed, from Hendry, Kasper, Dernier, and Dempster.

I'd love to see any new additions that you guys have added. I'm also at the Convention every year if anyone is ever interested in going. Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Any new items boys? I know it's tough watching our Cubbies these days, but what else is new? What's new???

Free to a good home..... Addison Russell debut ticket, season ticket holder with Marte photo as background, and homestand team giveaway program. Ticket is not a PSA 10 with a bit of fraying from being torn out of my booklet. First reply has it!

I'lll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcdopson@aol.com View Post
    Free to a good home..... Addison Russell debut ticket, season ticket holder with Marte photo as background, and homestand team giveaway program. Ticket is not a PSA 10 with a bit of fraying from being torn out of my booklet. First reply has it!
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    No camera to post pics, but I have over a dozen GU caps, including 9-11 flag caps of Carlos Zambrano and Dusty Baker; a few GU jerseys, the favorite of which is are 1995 BPs of Bob Patterson and Kent Bottenfield (both received from the players themselves), and several bats, including a 1993 LS Derrick May (my first bat from a player in the 1990s) and a rookie year Rawlings bat of the late Geremi Gonzalez I got in trade from Geremi in exchange for some Venezuelan baseball memorabilia.

Dave Miedema
    HELLO DAVE DO YOU STILL HAVE THE GEREMI GONZALEZ BAT? THANKS