Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What would you pay?

Almighty Steiner has their prices out the roof. However, what would you guys pay for one of their high ends? Tex-4k, Cno 4k, and of course Dl Alex-15k apiece....just wante to see where you guys were at collectively.

damon ray

dray13@hotmail.com

Re: What would you pay?

I paid 2K for one of their low-end jerseys, Kaz Matsui. I was lucky to resell 5 years later at 1500. I wouldn't pay anything for Steiner stuff because they have inflated their worth so much. That is, unless you are willing to part with a life-savings, a spouse and what-else.

They are fun to watch, however.

Dave Silverbrand

I'll keep my snide personal opinions, stories and bias out of my response. With great effort of course.

I have found Yankee collectors and Yankee fans expect to pay more because it's the Yankees. Ditto Montreal Canadien fans. Steelers fans would pay more, if anything was ever made available. Ask Barry how the market is for NBA squads but I believe he posted recently in another thread that the market was up in the last 5 years with significant growth.

Look at Pujols and Ichiro. Fans of these players pay through the nose for the rare MLB Hologramed jersey that pops up. Imagine a jersey if Steiner handled their team? Is $30k irrational? Not when they sell out of the "Only 4 a year" each guy wore.

To answer your question, I don't think it's ridiculous to assume 10 years from now that Jeter jerseys don't sell for more than 75 cents to a dollar for each of his hits. Mariano is the greatest closer ever but I believe those prices will drop to $1k in a decade. Ask a Tino fan how much you can sell his jersey for, then attach the price tag to Teixeira.

All that being said, what a Yankee jersey is worth to a Braves fan (albeit one who understands the resale market of today's trends) can obviously be taken with a grain of salt. Much, in my opinion, like the business integrity of the proprietor in question.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

I think Rivera jerseys will be worth more than $1,000 still.