Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Worn Items On Paragon Auctions!

Anyone have any insight on the walter payton, dan marino, and ladainian tomlinson jerseys? Thanks!

Re: Game Worn Items On Paragon Auctions!

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows why so many lots have been withdrawn from Paragon Auctions?

-Walt

Tallyman77

Evergreen7777@att.net

Bump!

I think before these auction houses list these game used items they should have expert people and be at least 100% sure they are game used. and get collectors opininons to that are knowledgable. Some posts I have read the past few weeks with some of the auctions when someone questions them they don't care because they think they know it all. Don't just accept this crap and throw it on your auction site and play stupid like I didn't know. You should know or don't be in the auction business. They all seem to want to deal in the volume of there auctions instead of quality. Like saying we have 500 lots in out auction. Who cares if 250 of them are fake. My whole thing is be totally sure before you put out a catalouge or start your auction. You have plenty of time to make sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    Im sick of fake Game Worn Items on these random auction sites. Are there any honest dealers left on earth? Vintage Sports Authentics just got raided and the owner was arrested by the FBI at the National...... If you like Game Used Items please become a student before you buy anything. If I cant photo-match or get a Team Letter then I dont buy.

That is all well and good with current stuff, but good luck photo matching or getting a team letter with vintage stuff. Anything pre 1980 in most cases you are out of luck.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSportsFan View Post

That is all well and good with current stuff, but good luck photo matching or getting a team letter with vintage stuff. Anything pre 1980 in most cases you are out of luck.

Joe
    The best thing that you can do for buying game used vintage items is get out here in the hobby community and talk to the top collectors of that particular team from that era. Make a post on GUU with photos and see what collectors have to say. I almost purchased 5 different fake vintage jerseys and after reading the thoughts of another GUU expert member who owns about 200 jerseys from that particular team and era I received an abundance of knowledge and I would never be fooled again on any jersey from that team and era.

info@verifiedautographs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    The best thing that you can do for buying game used vintage items is get out here in the hobby community and talk to the top collectors of that particular team from that era. Make a post on GUU with photos and see what collectors have to say. I almost purchased 5 different fake vintage jerseys and after reading the thoughts of another GUU expert member who owns about 200 jerseys from that particular team and era I received an abundance of knowledge and I would never be fooled again on any jersey from that team and era.

info@verifiedautographs.com

I would most likely call good friend Howard Wolf and industry expert or others that I know. To your point, I personally won't make a purchase without doing a ton of research or calling on the proper person or persons. My point was, you will not be able to photo match vintage except in a one in a million chance and team letters forget it in most cases. I like to consult guys like Taube, Kinnunen, Grob etc. when making large purchases.

please give him some time to provide evidence. i was planning to bid on several items, but they were taken down. i'd like to know what was wrong with them so that i can avoid purchasing in the future.

mmonte4, if they have taken down items it could be because a consignor pulled it. I don't think there is reason to panic. I called Keith Vari and he said 2 items were pulled due to issues.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    mmonte4, if they have taken down items it could be because a consignor pulled it. I don't think there is reason to panic. I called Keith Vari and he said 2 items were pulled due to issues.
    I'd like to hear the specific items and what was wrong with them.