Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What would you pay for a historic ball?

Funny thing, ive wanted to share this story, earlier this year on 4/29 i was at yankee stadum when robinson cano hit a home run down the right field line, i thought about going up to the young lady who caught the ball to offer her some cash but really did'nt think she would sell it. Now later on in the game i want to beat traffic home so im leaving a bit early but cano is set to bat so i decide to go down the right field line just in case he where to pop another...... sure enough bang! i see the ball bounce off a chair 10 rows down and hit a guy in the mouth, security and the medical staff came to make sure he was ok, once they cleared him, i said "hey $200 for that ball" he talked with his wife and i now own robinson cano's #124th career hr. I took a picture with him for proof and the tv broadcast shows him celibrating with ball in hand! So id say when you have the chance to buy something that means history and a lot to you, go for it!

Banned

Angry Re: What would you pay for a historic ball?

Back in 2009, I was bankrolled by a home run ball collector and offered $500 for a Jim Thome. The guy hesitated, despite having nearly every fan around him tell him to sell the ball. I was thisclose when White Sox security showed up, said Thome wanted the ball, and told the fan he could meet Thome. The way the guy lit up when he heard he'd meet the slugger, once he heard that, I don't think he would have taken $5,000 for the ball.

Dave Miedema

Earlier this year I offered $180 for a Teixeira Home-run ball. But the kids father said they would rather keep the ball. I bet the ball is gone by now, they probably played with it and all.

Any luck with the Uggla Homerun tonight?

Banned

Maybe the some of the fans who caught the balls that some of you wanted were just as happy with it as you would have been.
    Some of those baseballs may be the only game used item they have but it may be as valuable or more to them than it would be to you.
    Value is more than money to some people. Memories associated with an object can mean more than any amount of money.

Just a thought.

Or maybe you shouldn't of low balled him Ugla's streak came to a end today at 33...

Banned

Cool Re: What would you pay for a historic ball?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    It is a semi record. The Braves franchise record was set by Tommy Holmes of the Boston Braves in 1945 at 37 games. Maybe you can still get hit #38.
    Not any more...Uggla's streak died at 33 games, thanks to Cubs pitching and Darwin Barney's defense.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Not any more...Uggla's streak died at 33 games, thanks to Cubs pitching and Darwin Barney's defense.

Dave Miedema
    I dont think many people like Darwin Barney right now

Banned

Booooo Barney!

That was a great catch though.

Banned

Talking Re: What would you pay for a historic ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    I dont think many people like Darwin Barney right now
    I do!

Dave M.