Tonight, Dan Uggla set an Atlanta record for longest hit streak with 32 straight games with a hit. The record was set with a homerun. The second it was hit, I immediately starting running to the outfield seats to find the person that caught the ball. I wasn't sure if the guy knew it broke the record or not, so I low-ball'd him an offer of $100 cash and he rejected...I went up to $200...rejected again....then I just said "I can go higher"....he just shook his head no and said he wanted the ball. It's disappointing being that close to Braves history and not coming out a winner, but it makes me think, what's the right price to pay for history? Anybody have any stories with situations like mine tonight? I'm curious to know what you should typically offer someone for a historic baseball.

I did see security take the guy somewhere with the ball. I'm not sure if he was getting it authenticated by MLB, or if maybe the Braves/Uggla wanted the ball back, but hopefully it doesn't go on his shelf and stay there forever. It would look a lot better in my case