Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question about Louisville Slugger

I inherited this bat about 10 years ago from my great great aunt, it belonged to my grandfather who died in '58. So the bat has been stored since then, my aunt was an archivist and so the bat has been properly stored.
    Before my aunt passed in '98 she told me to look into the bats history as it was an important bat. Aside from that I have no idea why or how. So I was wondering if anyone has further insight.
    From reading the forums and other resources it appears not to be game used I assume because it is an 'autograph model'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will figure out how to upload the pics i took of it. It is a Tris Speaker Autograph Model bat btw.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Question about Louisville Slugger

Here are a few pics.

Thanks again!

M
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I will be happy to help you with answers to your bat. You can reach me at sicollector1954@comcast.net Thanks.

Mike
    It is not a gamer, but it is a very nice and desirable decal bat. I can be reached at Bub13@aol.com
    Matt

nice bat ! are you looking to sell?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    nice bat ! are you looking to sell?
    Thanks! Not quite sure yet to be honest, I've been spending a lot of time just learning a lot of the history of the game and the evolution of the bats so far. I'm not a collector of baseball memorabilia at the moment, mostly into hockey, a bit of football.

So I am looking to know where to go to find those who might be interested in a bat like this, if there is. Is a nice bat for sure, no idea how they enjoy the enormous necks of those older bats, its huge.

I decided to check on this site not knowing if it IS game used or not but already i've learned it isn't...too bad because that would be something else to own a bat used by a hall of famer. But it is nice nonetheless.

Mike

That is not the Tris Speaker decal I am used to seeing? Is this a later or earlier decal model? Is this decal more rare? Can one of our decal bat experts chime in?

Thanks,
    Dave