Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Game Used vs. Game Issued Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I consider any jersey that was worn in the game, regardless if the player played or not, game used.

Lets say a special teams player is on the field for one play, but they call a time out before the play starts, and then he is taken out of the game and does not return-is that game used? He saw the field but didnt participate in a play. I think if someone is suited up and ready to go then it is game used.

Also from a baseball standpoint, lets say a pitcher comes out of the bullpen and is about to throw a pitch and the batter calls time out. Then the manager comes and makes a pitching change before the pitcher has thrown a pitch. Is that shirt game used? He was on the mound, ready to go but the manager took him out before he could throw a pitch. How is that different from just sitting in the bullpen ready to go?

People may disagree with that and think that a player has to be actively involved in the game for a shirt to be game used. I think that if a player is suited up the shirt is game used. It may not show any use but that is something for the collector to take into account when buying the jersey.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 shirt. Paying up to a 500$ finders fee
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Yeah i can agree with this as well. He used the item in a game he just wasn't participating in it.

Personally I do not care for game issued items, I want an item that shows some use. To me, if you are going to buy a team issued jersey, why not just buy a retail authentic? Who knows if that team issued jersey was ever even in the same room as the player.

Quote Originally Posted by mlupo View Post
    Personally I do not care for game issued items, I want an item that shows some use. To me, if you are going to buy a team issued jersey, why not just buy a retail authentic? Who knows if that team issued jersey was ever even in the same room as the player.

An easy answer is for authentic patches that may not be available for purchase (or to avoid the hassle of buying patches and having them sewn on)....

Or is someone prefers a size 46 or 50 or something..

Game used vs game issued

Ok so while getting more into game jerseys. I have see a few Game issued jerseys.
    What exactly is a issued jersey vs used.
    I know used means they wore it in the game and shows use.
    But what exactly is issued? Worn on the sideline? Had extra just incase they needed it? Made but never worn by the player....

Re: Game used vs game issued

Many a thread has been started, debated and argued on the term Game Issued. I think it is generally accepted that any jersey made to exact specifications for a player and hanging in the players locker with the intentions of being used but somehow never worn = Game Issued.

However when selling a jersey, people tend to use the term for any jersey that isn't "screened on numbers" replica. MeiGray GI falls into the initial catagory. NFL Auctions tends to retard generally accepted language with things like "Issued" "Team Specs" and "Team Issued"

For me, unless it falls into the first description, it's an "Authentic" jersey.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Game issued means the jersey, pants, helmet, cleats etc. are made to the players specifications and are game ready but have not been used by the player. Basically they would be one of the spares that did not get used.

Clay
    cdubois@carolina.rr.com

ALWAYS BUYING 49ER GAMERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Many a thread has been started, debated and argued on the term Game Issued. I think it is generally accepted that any jersey made to exact specifications for a player and hanging in the players locker with the intentions of being used but somehow never worn = Game Issued.

However when selling a jersey, people tend to use the term for any jersey that isn't "screened on numbers" replica. MeiGray GI falls into the initial catagory. NFL Auctions tends to retard generally accepted language with things like "Issued" "Team Specs" and "Team Issued"

For me, unless it falls into the first description, it's an "Authentic" jersey.
    If it isn't delivered to the player, then I consider it "game model." Such items don't fetch the same premium as game used or even game issued. Some will try to pass factory extras as game issued, but to me, it's not issued if it never reached the player.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Exclamation Re: Game used vs game issued

Another offshhoot that I would call "game-issued": a uniform made for the player's use, but unused due to the player being cut or traded before the season of intended usage began. I once had a John Verhoeven White Sox jersey that was made for him, but never worn as he was let go and picked up by the Twins prior to season's beginning. To me, that would aslo be "game-issued". (FWIW, Verhoeven ended up buying the jersey from me, as he never got to keep ny of his Chisox uniforms).

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by chd49er View Post
    Game issued means the jersey, pants, helmet, cleats etc. are made to the players specifications and are game ready but have not been used by the player. Basically they would be one of the spares that did not get used.

Clay
    cdubois@carolina.rr.com

ALWAYS BUYING 49ER GAMERS!!!
    I like to go with this description. Like i know Favre always liked or heard he liked 2 jerseys in his locker and sometimes switched at halftime. If he didn't wear one of them i would say its issued.

Good to know guys thanks for the input.