Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Watch out Braves collectors...

Today I noticed a couple new gamers on the game worn jersey rack at the Braves Clubhouse Store. There are 2 Bobby Cox 2010 BP jerseys added.

Here's the problem:

One of the jerseys is a size 54, shows signs of multiple washings, and has a price tag of $500 - a legit Cox jersey

the other jersey is a size 44, with no signs of any team washings and a price tag of $200. It does have the "0068" code on the tag, so it's definitely a team issued jersey, but I don't know why it's a size 44. That's definitely not Bobby's size, and $200 is too cheap for a Cox BP jersey, so I'm not really sure what's the deal with it, but I don't believe it's a legit jersey, so if anybody is offered a Bobby Cox BP jersey that is a size 44, then please be aware of this. The tag still says "G/U Player Jersey $200" so I won't be surprised if it pops up on eBay soon

Re: Watch out Braves collectors...

Thanks Kyle

Bobby is a lot of things, world series winner, future HOfer, 14 time division champion skipper and THE manager of the Braves. That being said, he was a huge guy. Making a size 44 jersey for him is like trying to sell size 64 for Furcal.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Do the Braves have last names on their bp jerseys or does it just have a #6 on it? Is there any paperwork with it?

With last year deing his last a manager. Probally sometime during the year a family member, son? grandson?, was on the field in uniform during BP so they issued him a #6 Cox BP jersey to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    Do the Braves have last names on their bp jerseys or does it just have a #6 on it? Is there any paperwork with it?

With last year deing his last a manager. Probally sometime during the year a family member, son? grandson?, was on the field in uniform during BP so they issued him a #6 Cox BP jersey to wear.
    Yes, the Braves do have last names on their jerseys. Most of the time, if you buy something game used at the Clubhouse Store, you can request a LOA from the Braves and they'll ship it to you.

& I don't believe it could've been worn by any family members or anything because even if Hank Aaron comes to Turner Field, they always give out replica jerseys to wear (extremely cheap looking jerseys with logos that are screened on), so if somebody related to Cox or if anybody involved with the team needed a Cox jersey to wear, they'd immediately give them a replica jersey to wear. If you look on MLB Auctions right now, they're actually selling the jerseys worn by former Braves when Bobby Cox had his number retired and they're all the replica version, so you could look at those as a reference.

On a trip to Atlanta Wednesday, I stopped by the CNN Center and saw the questioned Cox jersey on the rack, still for $200. Thanks to this post, I passed it up quickly. Otherwise, I would have been maybe interested in what seemed to be a bargain. The store still presents it as a Cox BP jersey. Is there any more info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    On a trip to Atlanta Wednesday, I stopped by the CNN Center and saw the questioned Cox jersey on the rack, still for $200. Thanks to this post, I passed it up quickly. Otherwise, I would have been maybe interested in what seemed to be a bargain. The store still presents it as a Cox BP jersey. Is there any more info on this?
    I informed the store manager about it and compared the $200 Cox jersey to the $500 jersey and explained how the size is completely off and the tag looked fresh. All he could say was that the team brought it in as game used so that's how they would sell it. Usually those jerseys on the rack are just leftover jerseys that they haven't sold on their jersey lists. I don't ever remember seeing that specific Cox jersey though on any of their lists.