Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Forged Manny Ramirez Rawlings Glove currently up on Paragon Auctions!

Ken let's be honest, there is no way that glove would have made it into Goldin Auctions lol

I emailed Troy and suggested it be removed. He wrote me back the same thing you posted.

Why not just removed the forged glove? Save your company the embarrassment of selling obviously forged/doctored items.

Paragon Auctions pulled this very same glove when it was brought to their attention back in 2011.

Why change the gloves description 4 times?

I love Mears but they just dropped a few notches in my opinion along with others I am sure.

Glove has been pulled.

Troy in my opinion did the right thing.

See, I don't understand why Golden, Mears or even Paragon are beening scolded by this community for trying to sell this glove. I understand it's a doctered glove but it's still a nice Rawlings glove. They should have the right to sell it and just say, "This glove has been well documented to be never used by Manny but is a authentic Rawlings glove that would make a great souvenir piece to display, to bring to the ball park or to get signed." Steiner sells players glove like these aka Jeter gloves all the time and I'm sure a Manny fan who couldn't afford a true game used glove would love to own a cheaper alturnitive. Not everyone is made out of money and as long as the seller is completely honest up front and the auction is worded and priced correctly both the seller and the auction site should have the right with out the outcry to remove it.

But they worded in a way that would leave an opening in someones mind that it may be real.
    The description says: "While glove shows definite use and we believe this to be a Ramirez player model glove, sufficient evidence does not exist for us to assert definitively that it saw use by Manny."

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    See, I don't understand why Golden, Mears or even Paragon are beening scolded by this community for trying to sell this glove. I understand it's a doctered glove but it's still a nice Rawlings glove. They should have the right to sell it and just say, "This glove has been well documented to be never used by Manny but is a authentic Rawlings glove that would make a great souvenir piece to display, to bring to the ball park or to get signed." Steiner sells players glove like these aka Jeter gloves all the time and I'm sure a Manny fan who couldn't afford a true game used glove would love to own a cheaper alturnitive. Not everyone is made out of money and as long as the seller is completely honest up front and the auction is worded and priced correctly both the seller and the auction site should have the right with out the outcry to remove it.

"golden" was not selling this glove
    I was asked to post a message for troy since he couldn't log on, and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    Items like that need to be completely removed from the market because they tend to resurface as authentic over time. "Reputable" auction houses should just steer clear of anything that cannot be proven as authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    Items like that need to be completely removed from the market because they tend to resurface as authentic over time. "Reputable" auction houses should just steer clear of anything that cannot be proven as authentic.
    That is so true.

I wouldn't mind owning that glove. But I would not own it as game used but rather as a great example of how easily items are forged and to show how some are unscrupulous in trying to make a fast buck.

It really could be a great educational piece for some of the less educated collectors such as myself.

This forum is so good in looking out for others. So much so that I don't think that I would ever buy a higher priced item without running by the board!

If Mears is so great, why not describe the glove as a doctored, non-issued and non-game used Manny Ramirez glove. Don't hide behind semantics. These auction houses are making money on both ends. They owe some kind of fiduciary duty to their bidders. I understand, however, that honest makes can be made. This is not one of them on Mears' part.

By contrast, Paragon correctly describes a fake Richie Ashburn jersey as such. Some idiot doctored a perfectly good George Myatt #1 jersey to create it.