Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error"

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Please explain how you can say with 100% certaintly that this is not the jersey? Because you represent Vick, and what else? Can you please provide pictures of the real championship jersey photomatched so that we can know with 1000% certainty that this is not the jersey?

Thanks,
    Dave

I certainly Agree with that.......

here are the photos as i said i would post; it is hard to see clearly but the jersey does have the white flap tag comming off the 44 size tag.

everything seems to match up but would like others opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

sorry second pic was at bad angle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i also wanted to a couple things ..

"The jersey was washed with the team laundry after the game but lots of FSU facemask and helmet transfers, scratches, turf burns, perspiration yellowing and stains still remain."

"This jersey has a number of stains and scratches that match the photographs and video of the game. However, there were concerns in regards to the Big East Patch Placement. It is rumored that after the devastating loss to FSU the Big East Patch was removed by VT equipment management as the jersey was not seen as an immediate commodity and may have been scheduled be discarded like many other damaged jerseys from the season. However, when Vick was nominated for an ESPY another Big East Patch was placed on the jersey and Vick then Signed the jersey and it was sold to the public. We are 100% convinced that the jersey is authentic as there are dozens of other matching identifiers. However, we believe in integrity and would like for all information to be known before we make any sale. Well if there are any other details in regards to the jersey we will definitely add them to the listing.
    ESTIMATED VALUE: "

virginia tech like other schools allows players to keep their bowl jerseys after the game; no schools that i know of collects bowl jerseys and washes them for the players. i have also attened many bowl games over the years and you will always see players walking out with their jerseys after the game; most school only allows seniors who played their last game to keep their helments.

i have a several friends who played at big east and big ten school in college and all confirmed this over the year. i have also owned 3 virgina tech bowl jerseys over the years and every person i purchased them from stated they were purchased from the players not the schools.

JO,
    can you confirm my last statments.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I certainly Agree with that.......
    I do not have pics to supply nor will I be getting pics to supply. Vick told me where the jersey is and this is not the jersey. I personally have not seen the jersey. Another family member confirmed the location of the jersey and that is all I can comment on it. I am telling you this to help out the owner of the Vick jersey. He has a jersey that has several stains extremely close to the actual jersey and it is not the jersey. I hope this helps.

hey Jo,
    can you second my statement below ...

virginia tech like other schools allows players to keep their bowl jerseys after the game; no schools that i know of collects bowl jerseys and washes them for the players. i have also attened many bowl games over the years and you will always see players walking out with their jerseys after the game; most school only allows seniors who played their last game to keep their helments.

thanks

Re: Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error" CORRECTED

Thank you for all of the useful input in regards to this jersey. Vintage Authentics went down for a great reason. It sucks when you think you have something special and it turns out to be so controversial. If anyone owns the "declared authentic" Vick Bowl Game Jersey then I would love to buy it and any other Vick Game Worn Eagles, Falcons, Hokies or Pro Bowl Collectibles. As for the jersey..... It has been relisted on ebay as a professional cut team issued signed jersey with the speculation of game use. If anyone has any Michael Vick or Barry Sanders Game Worn items I am buying! info@verifiedautographs.com. Thanks again guys I love the forum because we get to the bottom of things via a community effort.

Re: Michael Vick - Bowl Jersey Saga comes to an end....

Here is the new ebay listing starting at a penny and the jersey is being sold as a professional cut game style signed jersey. I think this is the fair way to go with all of the questions in regards to the jerseys actual game use.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260852394626...84.m1555.l2649

Banned

Re: Michael Vick - Bowl Jersey Saga comes to an end....

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    Here is the new ebay listing starting at a penny and the jersey is being sold as a professional cut game style signed jersey. I think this is the fair way to go with all of the questions in regards to the jerseys actual game use.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260852394626...84.m1555.l2649
    so where did the smudge above #7 on right hand side and dot on left hand side come from??