Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error"

Found this Vick jersey on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-VICK...ht_3245wt_1281

Notice the photomatched stains. Intersting because the jersey for sale isn't the same jersey in the in-game photo. The giveaway? Check out the flag above the #7 on front center in relation to the horizontal line below the collar.

Re: Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error"

Also check out the flag's position in relation to the top of the #7. I believe the seller is a forum member. Perhaps he'd like to chime in.

Funny, I was just about to start this thread.... The jersey was purchased 6 months ago from vintagesportsauthentics for $1300.

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...wl-Jersey-GU-8

I think that the dark spot on the left shoulder is also slightly out of place. On the game footage it appears to be above and slightly to the left of the seam, while on the jersey for sale it appears to be slightly to the right side of the seam. This could possibly because of how the jersey hangs in both pictures tho...

But I'd certainly agree with you that the big east patch placement is quite different between the two jerseys.

This is VerifiedAutographs chiming in on the comments in regards to the jersey and the Big East Patch. I have absolutely no intentions on selling anything that is not authentic. I watched the game video several times and there were so many other matching factors that I never thought to doubt the location of the patch until a fellow member emailed me this morning. The jersey was once sold on Heritage Auctions ($6000) as well as Vintage Authentics ($1300).

Thus........I will repost the jersey on ebay "as-is" with all of the provided information in this forum in regards to the Big East Patch with a starting bid of a penny. I have heard that the Patch may have been removed for team equipment purposes and then replaced on the jersey once Vick was nominated for the ESPY but I wasnt there to co-sign on that.

As for as the profit on the jersey...... I bought a Vick Eagles Gamer last year for $350. I photo-matched it and sold it for $2300. I also purchased another gamer last week for $400 that I sold for $1600. I also lost $1000 on a deal this week for an older gamer. Sometimes you win and others you may lose. Is that a crime? Not really because this hobby is a business as well. Business is defined by selling for a profit if Im not mistaken (Capitalism). However, I agree that sellers, collectors and dealers should only capitalize on honesty and integrity.

P.S. Im no Steve Jensen. I am a man of integrity. What you see is what you get and the new ebay listing will show that as all of the details in regards to the Big East Patch will be listed and the auction will start at a penny. If there are any more comments send me an email to info@verifiedautographs.com as I am still obviously gathering more information in regards to the jersey and the patch by the moment.

I love the industry and I believe in protecting it. Instead of doing the public lynching thing on GUU you should give a heads up to sellers because often times some details may just be over looked.

Thank you for your input,

VA

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    This is VerifiedAutographs chiming in on the comments in regards to the jersey and the Big East Patch. I have absolutely no intentions on selling anything that is not authentic. I watched the game video several times and there were so many other matching factors that I never thought to doubt the location of the patch until a fellow member emailed me this morning. The jersey was once sold on Heritage Auctions ($6000) as well as Vintage Authentics ($1300).

Thus........I will repost the jersey on ebay "as-is" with all of the provided information in this forum in regards to the Big East Patch with a starting bid of a penny. I have heard that the Patch may have been removed for team equipment purposes and then replaced on the jersey once Vick was nominated for the ESPY but I wasnt there to co-sign on that.

As for as the profit on the jersey...... I bought a Vick Eagles Gamer last year for $350. I photo-matched it and sold it for $2300. I also purchased another gamer last week for $400 that I sold for $1600. I also lost $1000 on a deal this week for an older gamer. Sometimes you win and others you may lose. Is that a crime? Not really because this hobby is a business as well. Business is defined by selling for a profit if Im not mistaken (Capitalism). However, I agree that sellers, collectors and dealers should only capitalize on honesty and integrity.

P.S. Im no Steve Jensen. I am a man of integrity. What you see is what you get and the new ebay listing will show that as all of the details in regards to the Big East Patch will be listed and the auction will start at a penny. If there are any more comments send me an email to info@verifiedautographs.com as I am still obviously gathering more information in regards to the jersey and the patch by the moment.

I love the industry and I believe in protecting it. Instead of doing the public lynching thing on GUU you should give a heads up to sellers because often times some details may just be over looked.

Thank you for your input,

VA

No problem at all with trying to make a buck...just make sure its an honest buck. Its very disturbing that someone has doctored this jersey with stains, etc. to match the photos.

Re: Michael Vick - Hater

I understand you feelings. Once again, I HAVE POSTED ABSOLUTELY ALL INFORMATION GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS ITEM WITHOUT LIMITATIONS IN THE NEW LISTING. You can purchase the jersey from me at wholesale and detroy it if you feel that strongly about it. My paypal is info@verifiedautographs.com. The jersey was authenticated by Sports Collectors Digest and sold at Heritage Auctions for $6K years back so obviously the jersey has a strong level of validity. Otherwise the jersey is for sale with all details listed for the world to see. With the patch question or not this signed historic item still holds a great level of collectible sentiment. A dishonest seller hides the truth. I am laying out all details and concerns in the updated listing. Bidding starts at a penny so the jersey will sell for what it's worth according to collectors out here. If a collector does their research and decides to bid or not it's up to them at this point as with any item..........

Forget the Big East patch issue.....look at the large smudge near the "7". Its not even close. Not within a mile.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Michael Vick - Hater

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    I understand you feelings. Once again, I HAVE POSTED ABSOLUTELY ALL INFORMATION GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS ITEM WITHOUT LIMITATIONS IN THE NEW LISTING. You can purchase the jersey from me at wholesale and detroy it if you feel that strongly about it. My paypal is info@verifiedautographs.com. The jersey was authenticated by Sports Collectors Digest and sold at Heritage Auctions for $6K years back so obviously the jersey has a strong level of validity. Otherwise the jersey is for sale with all details listed for the world to see. With the patch question or not this signed historic item still holds a great level of collectible sentiment. A dishonest seller hides the truth. I am laying out all details and concerns in the updated listing. Bidding starts at a penny so the jersey will sell for what it's worth according to collectors out here. If a collector does their research and decides to bid or not it's up to them at this point as with any item..........
    You still have the jersey titled "Game Used/Worn". Also included in the description, "We are 100% convinced that the jersey is authentic". How can this possibly be the case?

The nike swoosh looks off to me as well at first glimpse....

Maybe I am overthinking, but if the jersey is the real deal, wouldn't you be able to match up the mesh-lining around the numbers or NCAA patch to remove all doubt? Just a thought. And for the record, I have no clue either way.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection