Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Peyton Manning Game Issued.....Nope.

This jersey is not even remotely close to Peyton's game jerseys. Sad to see someone is gonna dump several hundred clams on a dud.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peytom-Manni...item4aae1f3e49

Re: Peyton Manning Game Issued.....Nope.

what issues do you see?

To me it looks like a photo of an 04 and another photo of an 02.....2 totally different jerseys?....Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Whats with the Autograph?.....Is it on a piece of paper or is that on the Jersey somewhere?

In the interest of sharing the knowledge with other forum members I wanted to remind everyone of the forum rules regarding questioning an item which are:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue.

The rule is there not just to protect sellers but also to encourage members to share their knowledge regarding what is wrong or right about an item. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    To me it looks like a photo of an 04 and another photo of an 02.....2 totally different jerseys?....Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Whats with the Autograph?.....Is it on a piece of paper or is that on the Jersey somewhere?
    I don't know about the authenticity, but the collar in the first photo reads "04-50" and in the second photo reads "02-48".

The autograph looks like its on a 3x5 card and nowhere in the description or title says anything about an autograph.

It's a red flag to me...I would need to ask questions and see more pics before thinking about placing a bid

I would like to apologize to the forum for not revealing the issues with this jersey when I first brought it to everyone's attention. The huge issue with this shirt is the sleeve type. Manning has never ever worn that type of sleeve. As we all know his sleeves are the open type...not elastic. Secondly, there are two jerseys shown....one being a size 50....and the other being a size 48. All of the photos of the full jersey show a size 48 strip tag. Peyton Manning wears a 50. Period. If he has ever worn a size 48....with elastic sleeves....I would pay to see it. Once again I apologize that I didnt reveal these issues upfront.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hey guys....one more thing: I have owned several Manning legit gamers. If I remember correctly....I am 99.9999999% certain that the Berlin, Wi wash tag is ALWAYS sewn into the side seam on the same side as the Reebok jock jag. If you will notice I highlighted this error in the eBay photo. The Berlin tag is sewn into the opposite side seam. As I said I am 99% certain this is a glaring error as well. Under no circumstances....ZERO...was this shirt ever issued for Peyton Manning to wear in an NFL game.

Thanks for the follow-up post DoctorLoomis, very informative!

On a final note, these photos are of a legit Manning gamer. Look very closely at the circles I have drawn. YOu can see the white Berlin wash tag sewn inside the jersey. It will stand out against the blue fabric. Notice which side it is sewn into??? The eBay jersey is a total scam.

Banned

Photos aside, didn't the Colts wear a 50th Anniversary patch on their jerseys in 2002? I may be wrong - just a thought.

Jim