Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Used Bases Question

Hello Everyone,

For those of you that like to collect game used bases, what is a reasonable price for a regular season game used base?

I have seen different prices and I wanted to know what is a good price?

What criteria do you guys use when purchasing a game used base?

I recently purchased a base from a Yankee game where Alex Rodriguez hit one of his homeruns, do these have any extra value? The base came with the jewels on the sides.

thanks

Re: Game Used Bases Question

The Rangers typically ask $250 these days; they had a mother's day base for that price last week. The Braves had a couple bases recently for $1000 or a little more, but I think they're trying to exploit the ending of the Cox era ( One of the bases was opening day, I think). A base should be bought only from a club directly, as it can be as easily faked as a ball.

I might add that I bought a base in 2006 from the Rangers from a game in which A-Rod had hit a HR in 2004 ( His first game back in Arlington as a Yankee, after leaving the Rangers). It was originally priced at $900, but after it didn't sell in two years, was dropped to $250.

I have only purchased one base so I can't speak with much authority. It was a Yankees base from 2008 and was more sentimental as it was my final game at Old Yankee Stadium. I know I ended up purchasing/winning it from their auction site and was packaged with a couple other items. If everything was broken up evenly, I believe the cost would have been $200-$250 for the base. I'd have paid more for personal reasons - as they didn't have any balls available from that game - but I know I won't resell it, so that effects it's price in my eyes.

And agree with coxfan, I know at Phillies games, they have made generic non-game used, brand new bases available for sale with the jewels. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before those become forged.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

email me at dzscope@gmail.com , I know someone who has some bases you may be interested in...
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

The Cardinals sell their just plain regular season game used bases for $149.00 Special games such as Opening Day or Pujols milestone games are obviously more and are usually auctioned. They have run bases on sale at the stadium for as cheap as $50.

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

I have seen Mariner Opening Day bases go for $149, and normal non event ones go for $80. But I guess it depends on the team and the event/historical game they were a part of.

+1 on the cardinals bases, last year i got a base from a 2 hr pujols game that was to my shock mlb auth as used from innings 1-9 not sure if the cardinals only use one set of bases for everygame but i consider myself lucky as my yankees use 3 sets EVERYGAME.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    +1 on the cardinals bases, last year i got a base from a 2 hr pujols game that was to my shock mlb auth as used from innings 1-9 not sure if the cardinals only use one set of bases for everygame but i consider myself lucky as my yankees use 3 sets EVERYGAME.
    I had a similar experience, but I ended up buying a base that way used for TWO games (whole game each base). Albert hit a home run both games it was used.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

What was really weird that the two games it was used during were a year apart. One date in August 2007 and the other in August 2008. Does anyone else who bought Cardinals bases have something similar?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com