$50 Reward Offered for Terrell Owens Bengals Jersey Photomatch Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asr1084
    • Apr 2011

Re: $50 Reward Offered for Terrell Owens Bengals Jersey Photomatch Help!

I second Jules' kindness. Thanks jules, definately a classy act.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jules9
      Solarlottry,

My photo was also from the Pitt. game on Nov.8 2010.

As far as any money, I really don't want any. This hobby is already becoming too much about the money and less about the enjoyment of it. Plus...what else was i going to do on a Sunday night at 10:00
      Very classy, from a true collector!
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Mattapan03
        • Mar 2010

Looks like a spot on match.

Classy move

Comment

• solarlottry
          • Jan 2009

I agree about the money part! Many many collectors email all the time asking about 49er info on various subjects and I always answer promptly and free of charge. This forum has such a great network of collectors ready and willing to help each other out that it is a pleasure to be part of it.

I am always available to answer questions regarding 49ers gamers as best I can. Anytime we can avoid a fellow collector spending $$$$ on junk then it is a win for the collecting community! There have been at least a handful of 49er gamers just in the last year that were questionable and most were exposed as such and taken off auction sites. Some were not taken down such as the 1994 Rice sold by Mile High Auctions that was supposedly worn against the Chiefs. This shirt was such an obvious fake that it was hard not to laugh at it. Still a unwitting collector paid over 2K for it!

When we help each other we all help ourselves and the collecting community. That being said I still offer a finders fee to anyone that lines up the sale of a 49er shirt I am looking for. I am always grateful when I am able to add to the collection and help another collector out financially, especially when they are the one who got the 2 parties together.

Again Jules9 thanks much! I really appreciate the help and it is a great match and an even better jersey. AstrosGU can still collect if he so desires and just because Jules9 did not I will always honor an offer I make.

I did contact Robert at JO who sold me the shirt and asked about re-labeling it. I should know tomorrow.

Always buying 49ers gamers!
          Paul
          garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• Dolphins23
            Banned
            • Aug 2011

Yeah soloarity always good to help the hobby. Theres nothing wrong with photo match fees and finders fees because I know when and if I do collect money from a finders fee/photo match the money will 100% be going towards a jersey for my personal collection. So odds are I'm re-circulating the money back into a member on this board or def back into the hobby! And you never know the money I got for the finders fee, that goes towards a jersey for my collection, could be used as a finders fee all over again from the seller of the jersey I just bought. So all and all it probably will get re-circulated lol.

Just cool to see a member turn down the fees. Karma will reward him,becuase one day he may find his grail and the seller may say hey you know what instead of 2 grand just give me 1,000$. You just never know how Karma will come back to him, but it def will some strange way.

Comment

• josportsco
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

I am offering $50 per each jersey on our website for photomatching evidence. Every jersey, every helmet, every cleat, are up for the contest. JUST JOKING. I am glad you guys found some great items. We do get alot of washed equipment which we have to certify them as "2010 Season" we just dont have the time to photomatch everything. But hey we can leave that up to the collector. Just glad to see everyone is having fun with this stuff.

JO

Comment

• neverfinished94
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by josportsco
                I am offering $50 per each jersey on our website for photomatching evidence. Every jersey, every helmet, every cleat, are up for the contest. JUST JOKING. I am glad you guys found some great items. We do get alot of washed equipment which we have to certify them as "2010 Season" we just dont have the time to photomatch everything. But hey we can leave that up to the collector. Just glad to see everyone is having fun with this stuff.

JO
                Dont get my hopes up like that. I was getting pretty excited
                looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• masp3392
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by neverfinished94
                  Dont get my hopes up like that. I was getting pretty excited
                  lol i was getting all my imaging sites ready before i got to the end of that sentence

Comment

• RKO18
                    • Sep 2008

Does anyone know how much the Owens gamer recently sold for in the JO Sports Auction?

Comment

• solarlottry
                      • Jan 2009

it went for 979$ or those to that $ amount without the 20%. I have no idea if it hit the reserve.

Paul
                      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• RKO18
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by solarlottry
                        it went for 979$ or those to that $ amount without the 20%. I have no idea if it hit the reserve.

Paul
                        garciajones@yahoo.com

I seem to remember it being over 1K towards the last day or so of the auction; although I could be mistaken.

What do you mean "without the 20%"?

Comment

• maverick14
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by RKO18

What do you mean "without the 20%"?
                          I'm assuming he means the 20% buyer's premium
                          -Randy
                          rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                            • Jan 2009

The "juice" or the fee that these auction houses charge after the auction is over. I know JO charges a fee on their own jerseys which is a little weird but reality.

I don't know what you paid for your TO but I paid close to (a little bit more) what the jersey sold if you include the 20% buyers premium.

Paul

Comment

Working...