$50 Reward Offered for Terrell Owens Bengals Jersey Photomatch Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RKO18
    • Sep 2008

Re: $50 Reward Offered for Terrell Owens Bengals Jersey Photomatch Help!

Originally posted by neverfinished94
    I have 100% photomatched your jersey. Just wanted to see if the reward is still being offered.
    A great deal of thanks is owed to neverfinished94,as he was able to photomatch my jersey 100% as promised.

Although I'm pretty certain that I've already photomatched my jersey to the 10/24/10 game against the Atlanta Falcons, my jersey has now been officially photomatched to the 11/14/10 game against the Indianapolis Colts.

My best guess is that my jersey was probably worn during the 10/24/10 game against the Falcons, then again (as the photomatch indicates) against the Colts during the Bengals' next road game on 11/14/10.

It's been a wild ride working hard to find this photomatch; and I extend my thanks again to neverfinished94 for coming through with the definitive photomatch I was looking for.

Comment

• RKO18
      • Sep 2008

After photomatching my jersey to the 11/14/10 game against the Indianapolis Colts, I found another solid image from the game that displays the same orange thread stitched around the under-arm to the left of the front number '8' (just as I had noticed in the images from the Atlanta game).

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
        • Jul 2010

Neverfinished came up with an awesome match!

Comment

• RKO18
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
          Neverfinished came up with an awesome match!
          He most certainly did!

I was quite happy to say the very least when I saw how he nailed the definitive photomatch.

I also owe a great deal of thanks to the other board members who contacted me, who helped with the photomatch process, and who provided me with some nice high-resolution images to use as a source of reference.

I do not know all of you by your user-names, but I thank everyone for their efforts and support!

Comment

• RKO18
            • Sep 2008

I also owe a great deal of thanks to the guys at JO Sports.

Robert was fantastic to work with and I appreciate his continuous efforts to make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase.

I'd also like to thank Jarrod personally for his very helpful and supportive response to the email I sent him earlier today. I forwarded him the link to this thread and told him that I had photomatched my jersey to the 11/14/10 Colts game and possibly also to the 10/24/10 Falcons game.

He told me that my jersey was attributed to the Jets game due to the label on the box when they received it.

Now that I discovered that my jersey may have been worn against the Falcons on 10/24/10 (the game Owens caught his 150th touchdown), I feel the jersey to be even more special. Jarrod was then kind enough to offer to re-certify the jersey personally if I sent it back to him along with the photomatched evidence.

I thanked him very kindly for his offer, but told him that I am more than happy to keep the jersey as-is. It has already been photomatched to the Colts game and I'm hopeful that with some more high-resolution images, I may be able to photomatch it to the Falcons game as well.

The end result: one extremely happy collector!

Thanks again to everyone at JO Sports for helping to make this incredible acquisition possible; I couldn't be happier!!!

Comment

• solarlottry
              • Jan 2009

I too am offering a 50$ reward to anyone who can photo-match my TO Bengals gamer. When I visited JO in December I had it down to the jersey in this thread and the one I eventually purchased. i went with the shirt I have because it showed a little more use. The jersey I have is labeled "2010 season". I have not been able to match it to any specific game so because this forum is so good at photo-matching lets see if we can match my TO Bengals shirt.

I need to take better, more detailed images but am posting what I have for now. Will take better pictures tonight and post them tomorrow. Whomever comes up with the definitive match will get the 50$!

I really appreciate the help with this one as I have looked through Getty and have not been able to come up with anything!

Always buying 49ers gamers especially 1994 shirts and paying a finders fee!
              Paul
              garciajones@yahoo.com
              Attached Files

Comment

• Jules9
                • Dec 2008

Looks like there is an orange thread sticking out in the middle of the front 8. Not calling this a photomatch but it's a place to start with this photo, to possibly match stitching around the numbers.

Here's a link to the photo so you can zoom in on it

Comment

• Dewey2007
                  • Dec 2007

Looks like we have a winner!!

Originally posted by Jules9

Looks like there is an orange thread sticking out in the middle of the front 8. Not calling this a photomatch but it's a place to start with this photo, to possibly match stitching around the numbers.

Here's a link to the photo so you can zoom in on it

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...M6bkE/x999.jpg
                  sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• solarlottry
                    • Jan 2009

What game is the photo from? The loose thread is a great start though! If I can match some of the hits on the front and rear numbers then I know I will have a positive photo match.

If you could provide a few more images from that game showing the hits then I think a match would be easy. Even so the loose 8 thread is a real help. If it leads to a definitive match the 50$ is yours!

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee!
                    Paul
                    garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• AstrosGU
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

I went through some photos and while I couldn't match up any of the hit marks on the back of the jersey. This photo from the Bengals 11/8/2010 game vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers is looking pretty promising.

Comment

• Dolphins23
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2011

Astros has the match. I don't know what more of proof you need. As Neon Deon would say " PAY THAT MANNNNNN"

Comment

• solarlottry
                          • Jan 2009

After looking at the AstrosGU image it appears to be a dead on match. Even the mesh inside the front 8, both top and bottom, line up perfectly! I still would love to find an image of the hit marks on front and back #s though.

What makes this jersey extremely special is that he had 10 catches for 141 yards and 2 TDs against the Steelers, on MNF, in this shirt!!! The first TD was his 150th, joining only Rice and Moss as the only WR to have over 150 TDs!

I am gonna try and find the DVD for this game and match up the hits. I wonder if the shirt was also worn in any other games after the Steelers game? It appeared to look like a new jersey at the start of the game so I doubt it was worn prior to that game.

AstrosGU-I owe you 50$!!! Let me know how you want to get paid. Jules9 also helped so 25$ to him. Email me for payment info!

If anyone else can match up any of the hits on the front or back that will be another 50$!

Paul
                          garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee!

Comment

• RKO18
                            • Sep 2008

Looks like a pretty promising photomatch to me; congratulations!

This thread, with the help of some great fellow board members, has been fantastic as now both Owens jerseys have been photomatched.

I also have to correct one of my previous statements as I've been referring to my jersey (which I believe may have been worn against the Falcons) as possibly being the jersey Owens caught his 150th touchdown in.

He actually scored his 150th career touchdown against Atlanta, but caught his 150th touchdown reception against Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Jules9
                              • Dec 2008

Solarlottry,

My photo was also from the Pitt. game on Nov.8 2010.

As far as any money, I really don't want any. This hobby is already becoming too much about the money and less about the enjoyment of it. Plus...what else was i going to do on a Sunday night at 10:00

Comment

• Dolphins23
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Jules9
                                Solarlottry,

My photo was also from the Pitt. game on Nov.8 2010.

As far as any money, I really don't want any. This hobby is already becoming too much about the money and less about the enjoyment of it. Plus...what else was i going to do on a Sunday night at 10:00

What a classy man right there! Congrats to you Jules seriously! Its guys like you that make this hobby a fun and entertaining experience for all the new comers to it. Great thing to see Jules.

Comment

Working...