Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: $50 Reward Offered for Terrell Owens Bengals Jersey Photomatch Help!

After looking at the AstrosGU image it appears to be a dead on match. Even the mesh inside the front 8, both top and bottom, line up perfectly! I still would love to find an image of the hit marks on front and back #s though.

What makes this jersey extremely special is that he had 10 catches for 141 yards and 2 TDs against the Steelers, on MNF, in this shirt!!! The first TD was his 150th, joining only Rice and Moss as the only WR to have over 150 TDs!

I am gonna try and find the DVD for this game and match up the hits. I wonder if the shirt was also worn in any other games after the Steelers game? It appeared to look like a new jersey at the start of the game so I doubt it was worn prior to that game.

AstrosGU-I owe you 50$!!! Let me know how you want to get paid. Jules9 also helped so 25$ to him. Email me for payment info!

If anyone else can match up any of the hits on the front or back that will be another 50$!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee!

Looks like a pretty promising photomatch to me; congratulations!

This thread, with the help of some great fellow board members, has been fantastic as now both Owens jerseys have been photomatched.

I also have to correct one of my previous statements as I've been referring to my jersey (which I believe may have been worn against the Falcons) as possibly being the jersey Owens caught his 150th touchdown in.

He actually scored his 150th career touchdown against Atlanta, but caught his 150th touchdown reception against Pittsburgh.

Solarlottry,

My photo was also from the Pitt. game on Nov.8 2010.

As far as any money, I really don't want any. This hobby is already becoming too much about the money and less about the enjoyment of it. Plus...what else was i going to do on a Sunday night at 10:00

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jules9 View Post
    Solarlottry,

As far as any money, I really don't want any. This hobby is already becoming too much about the money and less about the enjoyment of it. Plus...what else was i going to do on a Sunday night at 10:00

What a classy man right there! Congrats to you Jules seriously! Its guys like you that make this hobby a fun and entertaining experience for all the new comers to it. Great thing to see Jules.

I second Jules' kindness. Thanks jules, definately a classy act.

I agree about the money part! Many many collectors email all the time asking about 49er info on various subjects and I always answer promptly and free of charge. This forum has such a great network of collectors ready and willing to help each other out that it is a pleasure to be part of it.

I am always available to answer questions regarding 49ers gamers as best I can. Anytime we can avoid a fellow collector spending $$$$ on junk then it is a win for the collecting community! There have been at least a handful of 49er gamers just in the last year that were questionable and most were exposed as such and taken off auction sites. Some were not taken down such as the 1994 Rice sold by Mile High Auctions that was supposedly worn against the Chiefs. This shirt was such an obvious fake that it was hard not to laugh at it. Still a unwitting collector paid over 2K for it!

When we help each other we all help ourselves and the collecting community. That being said I still offer a finders fee to anyone that lines up the sale of a 49er shirt I am looking for. I am always grateful when I am able to add to the collection and help another collector out financially, especially when they are the one who got the 2 parties together.

Again Jules9 thanks much! I really appreciate the help and it is a great match and an even better jersey. AstrosGU can still collect if he so desires and just because Jules9 did not I will always honor an offer I make.

I did contact Robert at JO who sold me the shirt and asked about re-labeling it. I should know tomorrow.

Always buying 49ers gamers!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

Yeah soloarity always good to help the hobby. Theres nothing wrong with photo match fees and finders fees because I know when and if I do collect money from a finders fee/photo match the money will 100% be going towards a jersey for my personal collection. So odds are I'm re-circulating the money back into a member on this board or def back into the hobby! And you never know the money I got for the finders fee, that goes towards a jersey for my collection, could be used as a finders fee all over again from the seller of the jersey I just bought. So all and all it probably will get re-circulated lol.

Just cool to see a member turn down the fees. Karma will reward him,becuase one day he may find his grail and the seller may say hey you know what instead of 2 grand just give me 1,000$. You just never know how Karma will come back to him, but it def will some strange way.

Banned

I am offering $50 per each jersey on our website for photomatching evidence. Every jersey, every helmet, every cleat, are up for the contest. JUST JOKING. I am glad you guys found some great items. We do get alot of washed equipment which we have to certify them as "2010 Season" we just dont have the time to photomatch everything. But hey we can leave that up to the collector. Just glad to see everyone is having fun with this stuff.

JO

Quote Originally Posted by Jules9 View Post
    Solarlottry,

Very classy, from a true collector!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Looks like a spot on match.

Classy move