Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sports Memoriabilia Reality TV

Here's a clip from the upcoming Discovery Channel series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOlMv8wv4E
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Here's a clip from the upcoming Discovery Channel series...

Looks like this reality show is not based on ROBBIE’S FIRST BASE as mentioned on Sports Collectors Daily.

Looks like Grey Flannel will be getting more auction items from this show.

Here's another.

Looks promising.

Upon opening a box on incoming auction items:
    (Looking at a bat) "Todd Helton game used bat, nothing major" "Big Deal"
    (Looking at a helmet) "It's a replica? Crap Crap"
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

How about a episode with Curtis (Helmet Hut) and Robert (aeneas01) as shows guests? In the episode, the producers can get helmets that were certified by major auctions houses and have Curtis and Robert give their opinions.

Would that be terrific TV or what?

Just a thought.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    How about a episode with Curtis (Helmet Hut) and Robert (aeneas01) as shows guests? In the episode, the producers can get helmets that were certified by major auctions houses and have Curtis and Robert give their opinions.

Would that be terrific TV or what?

Just a thought.

Jim
    I have to say that this would be one heck of an informative and intelligent half hour. Heck, they should be regular contributors, like one helmet a show could be dissected and detailed. Anyone who has ever watched a football game would be intrigued.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

anyone watching the show "Robbies First Base" on ABC? It's a baseball shop that's getting offers ala Pawn Star.

One guy brought in a Nick Swisher HR baseball he caught at the Camden Yard and he has framed picture to prove it. He wanted $5000 and the owner offered $100 bucks for it because the frame looked nice. In the same episode he was able to talk down a Notre Dame championship ring for $6400 for a lady customer who was looking for a birthday present for her husband. She bought it for $8000. Same episode, Jim Brown came into the shop to authenticate his own autograph. Then the shop owner offered a starting point of $200 to buy the helmet. The owner of the helmet sold it for $360 just for having the opportunity to meet Brown in person.

Looks like they are doing a marathon of past episodes... I'm watching another episode now.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Joel,
    Nothing but staged and I think a member was on the show.

I was on the show Robin and I used to play ball together, and given that I work in the motion picture and television industry I reached out to help with content.

Almost every reality show/series is staged to a degree...trading spaces, pawn stars, survivor, etc. What reality tv has become was another form of documentary story telling. If a scene has to be redone due to a technicality or because they want to get more coverage or because the cameras showed something or someone that they shouldn't have...then it's not necessarily reality. It's all up to the viewer and their ability to suspend disbelief...are you willing to believe? Some times the characters are the key. Other times its all about the action.

I had fun on the show, I was happy to see "junior" having fun with it. Did he low ball me, of course...but it was never my intention to sell the jersey in the first place. It was entertainment and for content. Just because a deal is reached on camera doesn't mean the item actually changed hands.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has. You can see my own résumé here: http://imdb.com/name/nm1769660/filmo...lX20department

Wade