Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sports Memoriabilia Reality TV

There was a previous thread on whether the reality shows like Pawn Stars has helped or hurt the hobby.

Here's a new show dedicated to sports memoriblia

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...a-seeks-items/

Personally I think with the financial markets unstable and everyone running to gold folks may start looking to invest more in sports memoriblia after watching this. It may be a good thing for the hobby.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Re: Sports Memoriabilia Reality TV

I hope more people will start digging through their attacs and storage bins for game used items to sell.

Banned

I was thinking of a show like this when pawn stars first aired. I knew it would just be a matter of time. Maybe I'll shoot them an email and try to make an apperance to try to sell a football gamer, since there looking for other sports other then baseball and all.

I will decline all offers, but to get on T.V promoting the jersey game would be cool.

On the upside, it causes more exposure to our hobby. That could help bring in brand new blood or perhaps new items. I would expect this site's traffic to increase. The coin that it flips, in my opinion at least:

Other shows dealing with hobbys like American Pickers Pawn Stars and the granddaddy "Antiques Roadshow" have presented items with estimates that have been, shall we say, "Stupidly generous and inflated" to the high side. If this one follows suit either:

Values and resale prices will increase based on what people perceive on the show due to increased demand or

People will lose their minds and think average stuff with established values are actually gold. Like baseball cards, newbies and dealers with delusions of grandeur start hoarding commons like they were superstars all while expecting others to pay their inflated estimation of value. Teams see an increase in demand for jerseys and players start wearing 3 or 4 times as many jerseys a season. We all know how well that worked out for baseball card collectors when Topps saw their product lines explode with interest......
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

They emailed me through eBay a few times but didn't respond as I get a lot of SPAM through eBay.

Seems like a cool show!

I went out and played with them last week before this thread was started, took a Thomas item to share (was nt really looking to sell it). The guy who owns the shop is an old teammate and friend. If you go out there it'll be a 2-3 hour commitment. A lot of fun. Share your item, and get to be in the spotlight while you are at it

Baltimore items are welcomed, BUT other team items are what can really get them excites about your participation.

Good luck everyone. If you have questions email me.

Wade

Wade -

Glad you got to be involved!

As far as them getting excited over other teams outside of Baltimore... maybe if they traveled and did stuff in different cities around the country, but just staying in B'More is going to limit the overall scope IMHO.

- Smitty

Smitty...

They actually will travel given the right opprotunity. They already made one trip. Just putting it out there. You never know what is going to happen.

wade

Wade -

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for that - thanks for the info.

I was just gleaning my info from what the article said which inferred that it would be based at the one shop in B'More.

Hope all is well with you and yours!

- Smitty