Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Twitter: Anybody use it to contact players?

Twitter has grown so much this year, with so many players now having an account. A lot of players like to interact with their fans and there's plenty that'll respond.

Anyways, I've had this Latroy Hawkins game worn hat for a few years now. He wore it in 1998 and it has "R:S." written in silver. I searched for years what it could've meant, but never found any info. Finally I see that Latroy Hawkins made a Twitter so I tweeted him a photo of him wearing the hat with the "R:S." visible and told him I own the hat and would love to know what it meant. Within hours, I got this response:

CASE CLOSED. Years of searching just to come to an end within just a few hours.

I've come to realize that Twitter is a must-need for anyone that's looking for simple questions to be answered. Some players even give away their game used stuff in various contests they'll throw for all their followers.

If anybody has a Twitter and is looking for more players to follow, I found this account for the MLBPA and they only follow the players so this is basically a complete list of every player that has a twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/MLB_PLAYERS/following

Re: Twitter: Anybody use it to contact players?

Wow,
    pretty cool, thanks for the link.

Banned

I have a twitter and contact devon bess and he wrote me back about an hour later . Twitter is great!

We all know what chris johnson wrote to his beloved fans haha

I'm following you now Kyle

I use it heaps, there are over a dozen Aussie guys on there. Ryan Rowland Smith, Travis Blackley, James Beresford and Rich Thompson have all verified GU gear for me on there.

Yep! I use it quite often! I've recieved some items for my charity auction from some high-profile athletes via twitter and facebook. Love it.

Kyle, im following you also. Anyone else with twitter follow @tonyservitto. The best part about twitter is the constant interaction with athletes.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

I've tried contacting Schilling about some of the items I have but have yet to get a response.
    Always looking for Curt Schilling
    http://www.curtschillingcollector.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins23 View Post
    I have a twitter and contact devon bess and he wrote me back about an hour later . Twitter is great!

We all know what chris johnson wrote to his beloved fans haha
    how to you contact people on twitter?

is there a message format?

there was a jersey being sold on ebay that i didnt figure a player would sell so i sent him a message on twitter and wrote back to me with in a couple of hrs. it was short and sweet i still have the jersey and helmet.