Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Jo Sports Auction

Wow this auction is loaded ... very excited, hopefully I can pull something out of it.

can someone explain maximum bid and current bid on JO sports? It seems like when I put a maximum it makes the current bid that price I originally put as my maximum.

I guess im thinking in ebay terms when you put a maximum bid, it still shows the minimum bid until it gets to the price you put as the maximum so no one knows what you put until it gets there.

Re: New Jo Sports Auction

I assume that all these jerseys have reserves? I'd like to see a no reserve auction and let the buyers dictate the market....Perhaps they could list the reserves so we don't sit there wasting time bidding if we see that the reserve is to within our reach...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I assume that all these jerseys have reserves? I'd like to see a no reserve auction and let the buyers dictate the market....Perhaps they could list the reserves so we don't sit there wasting time bidding if we see that the reserve is to within our reach...

Dave
    i agree

the sad part about all this, is i would say 90% of the jersey's on JO sports if not all of them are over priced and would easily go for a third of the price on any auction site without a reserve.

ie, rocky mcintosh #52 of the redskins jersey's average about $1500-2000, yet dont even crack over the $400 mark on ebay.

pretty sure the same can be said about alot of players jersey's as well

I think that's why JO puts reserves on them, so the collectors can't dictate the market as much. If an auction sells for 400$ then people will run to them and say hey this sold for 400$ why do you still have one on your site for sale for 1200$. THat's what i think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    I think that's why JO puts reserves on them, so the collectors can't dictate the market as much. If an auction sells for 400$ then people will run to them and say hey this sold for 400$ why do you still have one on your site for sale for 1200$. THat's what i think anyway.
    I undertand that point and its understandable, but the silver lining is the market tells all.

it makes sense to JO to price these jerseys that high because they are a business and they can do that. they have every right in the world to but as a business you also have to be realistic.

star players i can understand somewhat (even though $25,000 for a peterson when one went on auction for 2-3000 is rediculous) but role players? bench players at over $1000 bucks?

(Im not against them as a business just their prices, they have excellent customer service and im always treated well when i call for a jersey)

And its not always about JO, it is about team as well. Look at how much Redskins they have. Now go look at Jets. Not as much and it is more expensive. It all goes by the team and their demand.

I worry when I see stuff I know they bought privately and not from a team, or someone connected with a team. Not saying anything is bad, but it brings more questions. Same with their vintage section on the website.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

masp i cant see the auction i just signed up today any good phins jerseys??

Dolphins23 - No fins - I'm sure we are going to see them pretty soon though once the season starts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by efmmm View Post
    Dolphins23 - No fins - I'm sure we are going to see them pretty soon though once the season starts
    Thanks emf figured they would only have there basic Rams, redskins and bengals jerseys. Can't wait to see what they get and how they price my next pick up Devlin

Got to love those Penn state players pro jerseys