$1000+ for the UGLIEST ISSUED helmets in history?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

$1000+ for the UGLIEST ISSUED helmets in history?

WOW! I mean if they were game worn, due to the unique factor, MAYBE. But issued??
  • Mattapan03
    • Mar 2010

Re: $1000+ for the UGLIEST ISSUED helmets in history?

Outrageous. Seeing them run around in those helmets made me think of the crash-test dummy commercials.

Comment

• orioles03
      • Dec 2005

I guess u have to be from md or a umd fan to like them even though they ugly
      orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by orioles03
        I guess u have to be from md or a umd fan to like them even though they ugly
        Agreed. I lived in Maryland the last four years, in Annapolis no less. So I saw the flag daily in the capitol, and love the design of the flag itself. I also worked in Hyattsville, down the road from the school. I thought when they did it as an end zone design it was cool.

But those uniforms are garish and aesthetically unpleasing. Plus, if you want to technical, they did not even represent the flag properly. The design elements alternates on the flag, so the shoulder pads should have had an alternate side of the flag than the same side of the helmet.

As a professional artist, I feel they are poorly designed and essentially a marketing ploy by Under Armor. But, to each their own .

Comment

• genius
          • Aug 2007

I'm still waiting for the jousting match to start, or maybe a game of wizard's poker.

Comment

• shoremen44
            • Jul 2007

I personally love the uni's... thought they were fun... and originally being from Maryland I loved them

the other thing that they have done is... When was the last time Maryland Football was discussed nationally for anything???... Great marketing move
            Bert
            ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• cliffjmp33
              • Jun 2010

Maybe someone can correct me, I know UA was created by a former U of M grad. But heard that Under Armour was working on a deal with Maryland to supply them with differing jerseys a la Nike with Oregon. If that's so, would that mean there will be more variants to the uniforms/helmets?

Not sure again, just seeing if anyone can clarify this.
              Cheers,
              Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
              My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• ziggy
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by cliffjmp33
                Maybe someone can correct me, I know UA was created by a former U of M grad. But heard that Under Armour was working on a deal with Maryland to supply them with differing jerseys a la Nike with Oregon. If that's so, would that mean there will be more variants to the uniforms/helmets?

Not sure again, just seeing if anyone can clarify this.
                Yes, 32 combinations for the Terps

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                  • Jun 2010

Thanks Ziggy. I know people find fault in ugly jerseys, but I think it's cool when CEOs and such do give back to their alma maters even if the design isn' the most ideal. Too each their own in that statement.
                  Cheers,
                  Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                  My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

Working...