Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Help With Griffey Jersey

I have a chance to buy this item. I have done some research and can come up with no photos or anything showing Griffey wearing this jersey. I am also not familiar with the Unique Sports Inc COA.

Any thoughts ?

Re: Help With Griffey Jersey

Unique is Griffey's old game used cert. He sold Unique items through Coast to Coast in Bellevue Wash and Mill Creek Sportscards. The sigs look good right at the end of the underline era. Since Google has become almost worthless I cannot find any pics either. I will flip through my personal stuff and see if I can come up with anything. I know he won the HR derby that year but I can't find any pics.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Banned

Thanks would appreciate it.

I second mariner gamers. Sig looks good in regards to the underline 'y' version. Unique/Coast to Coast/MCS COA's are good as well.

I'm sorry I can't help with this any further. I went through my pics and was unable to find anything. He played in all kinds of charity softball events for Pepsi, MTV etc. As to where it was worn exactly I would just be guessing at this point.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Banned

Thanks you for all your help and appreciate you taking the time.

My Ken Griffey Jr. '94 All Star Game helmet comes with the same signed LOA from the same company. I also have an original advertisement from when they were selling Griffey's equipment. It doesn't have this jersey on the advertisement, but Griffey sure did sell off some pretty cool stuff back in the day.

Banned

Be very careful. Fake Griffey stuff is all over. A COA is worthless if the item and COA do not have matching holograms affixed to them. Anyone put a legit COA with a bad item.

Actually if you decide to take the original COA from a legitmate item (as above) and match it up with a fake item in order to sell the fake as real, haven't you just greatly devalued the real item, since it it no longer has the original COA? I can't really see someone doing that....Now photocpying an original and chaning it or manipulating it that i can see.....

Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Be very careful. Fake Griffey stuff is all over. A COA is worthless if the item and COA do not have matching holograms affixed to them. Anyone put a legit COA with a bad item.
    I don't understand this comment. Griffey worked with Mill Creek and Coast to Coast when he was with Seattle. This COA helps determine an era for this item and people feel the signature looks good.

A COA doesn't have to have matching holograms to make it useful. People use garbage holograms with COA's all the time.

This item may be hard for anyone to identify, but the COA helps a lot since everyone who knows anything about Griffey, Jr. from his Mariners days know that Mill Creek and Coast to Coast were close with The Kid. They list an event on the COA, and unless anyone can prove the COA is fake, I'd use the COA for reference for where this came from as it must have been a special NBA television promotional game, maybe softball?

I would like to think if anyone was going to discourage the COA with this item they would have proof to back it up and not just make blanket statements that do not help the cause.